Season Two: Episode 31

Rain began plummeting from the distant skies. 

Y/n sat on the lift, waiting to be hoisted up onto the wall. Her hair was now damp from the sudden rain although it didn't bother her as much as you'd think. The air was thick with moisture, the mossy smell lingering through the girl's nose. 

"Here." 

A firm grip was placed around her fingers, hoisting her above the wall. Eren smiled lightly as their eyes connected. Y/n dusted off the dirt that remained on her torn ivory skirt, a deep sigh escaping her lips. She noticed Reiner sitting a little behind Eren, Bertolt not too far away from him. 

"You okay Reiner?" Eren asked with concern, hearing the boys light grunts of pain.

"Not by a long shot." He said plainly, burying his face in his hand. "A titan nearly gnawed my arm off. It's pathetic, all I could think about was how this would be my demise."

Y/n zoned out from their conversation as she helped Armin up over the wall.

"Armin, you remember?" 

Y/n and Armin turned to Reiner, who seemed to be referring to a situation the h/c girl was unaware of.

"Tell them how Annie nearly crushed me like an insect."

Armin's face changed with realisation, "Oh, yeah."

"That's twice I've nearly died now. What are the chances I'll survive a third time? I guess this is the reality of being a soldier." Reiner sighed. "Ah, no good whining about it now not until we plug up the wall."

Y/n stared out into the field, watching as the clear liquid coated the vast lands of green, it was calming. 

"That's true." Eren piped up. "The two of you have been driven far enough from your homes. This is it, where we draw the line."

"Truer words were never spoken!" Bertolt broke out, startling the others with his sudden optimism he was never really known for. "Home, let's go! We've been here long enough. Considering what we've been through the rest of the journey is easy."

"You're right, we don't have much further until it's done." The blonde boy smiled in return. 

Y/n gave them a questionable stare, her brows furrowing with confusion. 

~~~

"The wall is perfectly fine. We spent all night trying to figure out where they're getting in, but between Trost and Krolva there's not a single breach." Hannes informed as he climbed atop the wall.

"That's impossible!" Hange declared, their features knit together.

"We ran into a search party from Krolva and retraced out steps, not a single titan on the way here."

"It's a known fact that there are titans on this side of Wall Rose," Y/n added.

"Oh c'mon, seriously how much have you had to drink?" Eren scolded, rolling his eyes at the man.

"Why you little- Wait what are you guys even doing here?" Hannes quizzed.

Neither of the four replied, instead they stayed silent as the breeze brushed against their faces.

"Well considering there's no breach I suppose that means we'll have to change tactics. We'll head for Trost immediately." Hange ordered, the troops scattering on her command.

"You be smart to keep your guard up," Hannes spoke, recapturing the four's attention, "We'll go on ahead of you."

Hannes leapt off the wall, initiating his Odm gear as gas followed behind him.