Season 2: Episode 28/29

"Connie, have you found any survivors?" Reiner asked, Bertolt following behind him. 

"No." That was all Connie said, his olive hues focused in front of him.

A moment passed until he couldn't hold his emotions any longer, "No. It's ruined, my home town has been completely wiped out." 

Y/n bit the inside of her cheek before wrapping her hand onto Connie's shoulder. No words were spoken, although a thousand things had been said. Connie knew she'd be there for him if he truly needed it, her comforting grip on his shoulder was proof of that.

"Something's wrong," Gelgar started, walking towards the four. "You find any bodies?"

"No." 

"No, not yet."

"How is that even possible? Titans ransacked this place and there isn't an ounce of blood."

"They must have fled! The villagers I mean, your family too." Lynne concluded with high spirits, although her theory wasn't likely. 

"You think so? You think they're alive?!" Connie's face shone with hope.

"Sure, I mean why not? There's no blood to prove otherwise." Lynne responded although Y/n could see through her fake smile.

Y/n's face turned stale, it was cruel giving the boy fake hope. Even if they did flee they'd run into titans eventually.

"Even if that is the case, why would they rip apart empty houses?" Y/n mentioned, more to herself than anybody. 

"I think you're worrying more than you have to," Reiner said, placing his arm on the girl's shoulder.  "C'mon, let's go."

Her gut began to churn, something about this whole situation didn't sit right with her. "What about the horses? The village's people couldn't have left without them. Plus, let's not forget the titan sat on Connie's house, how did it even get here?" 

Y/n found herself travelling through rabbit holes, chasing her own tail if you will. 

Two firm grips pulled her out from her dreaming state.

 "Y/n, stop using that brain of yours for once. We need you focused, someone with your smarts needs to look out for the people like us." Reiner smirked at the last bit, pointing over his shoulder to their other squadmates. 

Y/n hummed in agreement, "Thank you, Reiner, I owe you one."

"How about a kiss on the cheek? How does that sound?" He belly chuckled, turning his gaze down towards Y/n's eyes.

The girl was stunned for a moment, never expecting him to be so forward.

 "In you're dreams." She scoffed, walking towards her horse. 

~~~

Night soon began to set in, not a single star shown in the sky. Gelgars squad was on edge as they road beside the wall, hoping to find the breach. Titans were lurking everywhere to their knowledge meaning they could be jumped on at any given moment. 

Small orange hues appeared in front of them, the sound of trotting followed.

"So you followed the wall here too?" Gelgar questioned, noticing the lights to be Nanaba's squad. 

"That's right, so I take it you've found the breach then?" Nanaba concluded, although her face faltered when she saw the look of concern on Gelgar's features. "We didn't see any irregularities along the western route, surely there was something in the East."