Season One: Episode 15 Part Two

That night, Levi squad and their new recruits sat at the table, in what seemed to be silence. Levi was sat comfortably at the end of the table, sipping his tea delicately. The sound of the teacup clanging against his plate echoed through the room.

"I heard we're supposed to be going on a large-scale expedition in about a month from now," Eld spoke up. "And we'll be taking the new graduates with us as well."

"That can't be right, why would they do something like that?" Gunther questioned. "Wasn't the last titan attack enough? I doubt there will be many who'd want to be in that situation again."

"I wonder how many of those little worms peed themselves," Oluo said smugly, whilst sipping his tea.

"Surely this can't be the case-"

"Mission planning isn't my call, but it is Erwin's. And you can bet the man has thought of every angle." Levi stated, leaning back in his wooden chair.

Eld looked off to the side, his head resting on his hands, "Yeah, that's true. Especially considering how unique this whole situation actually is. We got an unexpected ray of hope."

Everyone's orbs landed on Eren, who seemed stunned by the sudden gesture. The boy was lost for words.

"A lot of us still find it very hard to believe. How does it work? The whole changing into a titan thing?" Eld asked.

"I wish I could tell you but my memories aren't clear right now. It's close to being in a trance. The trigger is known to be some sort of physical pain. Like biting my hand for example."

Levi leaned closer to the table, his hand resting on his teacup, "You aren't going to get anything out the boy. Everything we know is written in the reports. Not like you know who won't have a go at it. You'll be lucky if you make it out alive. Of course, it's only a matter of time."

"Who are you talking about-" Eren said in shock.

There was an abrupt bang on the door. A faint 'ow' could be heard from the other side. Y/n removed herself from the table before lifting the wood out of the door. Revealing Hange on the other side.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen of the Levi Unit!"

"You're too early," Levi groaned.

"Am I? Well, guess I just couldn't stay put!" Hange said in a rather cheery tone.

"Section Commander Hange?" Eren asked.

"Hello, Eren. Just in case you haven't pieced it together yet. I'm in charge of the scouts' experiments, which means poking and prodding the two titans we caught alive in the city. I would very much like your help."

"My help? What would I be needed to do?"

"Join me of course! On a huge scientific discovery!" Hange declared.

"I'd love to help, but that would be up to Levi," Eren answered honestly.

"Levi, what's on the agenda for tomorrow?"

"Cleaning the garden." Levi returned with his hands clasped together.

"Perfect, so it's decided! Young man, tomorrow will be grand." Hange grabbed Eren's hand and shook it repeatedly.

"Okay... Just to be clear, what will I be doing? Are you going to be running experiments or something?" Eren quizzed.

"Idiot, shut up," Oluo mumbled under his breath.

"Ah, I knew it. You possess a curious mind, don't you?" Hange's facial expression grew with excitement at the boy's curiosity.

That's when everyone quickly scurried from the table. Just as Y/n was about to leave, just like everyone else, Hange called for her.