Season 2: Episode 30

The snow came down heavily on the cadets. The small dots of white and blue coated the nearby trees, the sky a pale grey. 

Y/n tugged her furry hood over her head, her h/c hair laying beside her well-framed face. She snuggled her nose deep into her mask, seeking warmth in the material. Her hues snapped towards a bright yellow seeping through the snow like sunlight. 

Pulling away from her group, she kneeled to investigate. After removing the heavy coating of snow, a beautifully bloomed primrose sat beside a tree. She smiled to herself, the flowers tolerance for the cool temperatures fascinated the girl. A loose flower head perched beside the blossoming flower, Y/n scooping it up in her hands carefully as not to destroy it. 

"Y/n!" Eren called, desperately searching for the lost girl. 

"Here!" She spoke out, climbing out from the bushes with her hands held close to her chest. 

"Something wrong? How come you split from the group?" Eren quizzed, stepping over to walk beside her. 

Y/n looked down shyly, a small pink coating her cheeks in embarrassment. "Sorry, I didn't mean to cause a fuss."

She released her palms as she showed off her discovery, smiling to herself in fascination. Ever since her younger years, she'd always been captivated by flowers, something about their charming nature excited her. 

Eren looked at Y/n from the corner of his eyes, noticing her warm smile. The way her e/c hues twinkled brought a smile to his face. 

"It's a primrose, I read about them once." Y/n mentioned, still holding the flower in her palms. "If I'm correct they're usually the first to blossom in spring, making them the brightest flower to start a new year."

"How come it's not dead?" Eren asked with a raised brow, poking one of its petals. 

Y/n let out a small chuckle, "they're usually able to survive harsh winter climates." 

The h/c girl stopped suddenly, making the brunette turn to look at her. "I can't take it back, it'll die. Here lemme' just-"

She crouched, starting to dig a hole in the snow beside a nearby tree. Eren followed along and helped her even with his lack of knowledge as to why. The flower sat with the white snow, standing out amongst its frosty friends.

"It's pretty," Eren mumbled to himself, Y/n nodded in agreement. 

"They're my favourites. Call me childish but I adore their colours." Y/n scratched her cheek, turning away from the boy.

The two began their walk once more. "No, it's sweet." 

Eren suddenly realised his words, trying his best to recover from them, "It's sweet, the flowers I mean. They're pretty cool I guess." 

Y/n smirked trying her best to contain a laugh.

A warm light flickered in the distance, the trees opening up to show a cabin. The pair soon noticed their squad and multiple others stood at the foot of the mountain huddled by a small campfire. 

"There you guys are, we were starting to get worried," Connie informed, looking up from his current position. 

"Yeah, we thought you had like- died!" Sasha blurted out.

"You're not hurt are you?" Mikasa quizzed with a worried look.

"No, we're fine Mikasa," Y/n reassured, placing her hand on the raven's shoulder. Mikasa nodded, after deeming they were unharmed. 

"What were you two doing anyway? Flower picking?" Jean asked sarcastically, one brow raised. 

The duo smirked at this, giving each other knowing looks.