Season One: Episode 16

The fire pits crackled as they provided a warm light, in contrast to the starry night sky around them.

Erwin Smith stood tall, his arms held neatly behind his back as he held an authoritative gaze.

"Good evening, I'm Erwin Smith, Commander of the Survey Corps and also known as the Scout Regiment. Today, you will choose your regiment. I'm going to cut right to the chase here and inform you the Scouts need as many warm bodies as we can get." Erwin stated, cutting straight to the point.

"As of the recent titan attack, you now know first hand the horrors of which the titans are cable. You will now also be aware of the skill you possess. However, this battle's aftermath gave humanity a new chance for victory. I refer to Eren Jaeger, after risking his own life he has proved without a doubt his unwavering loyalty to our cause. Not only has Eren helped with the recent titan attack but offered us a means to find out about the titan's origin."

The cadets let out gasps of shock as they began muttering to one another in disbelief. Erwin, on the other hand, remained composed, his icy orbs staring into the crowd.

"We've been informed that the basement of Eren Jaegers home in Shiganshina possesses a vital piece of information regarding our enemy. We will form an expedition to find this secret. Find it, and finally break free from the Titans 100-year reign over humanity once and for all."

"Before we can visit said cellar we must discuss the main issue at hand, taking back wall Maria. Of course, this is much easier said than done. Now that the gate from Trost is inaccessible we'll have to stage further expeditions from the Colonists District further east. Meaning our regular route of over four years has been deemed completely useless. In these four years, over 60% have never returned. 60% in four years is a horrifying figure."

"One month from now, we will conduct a Recon mission outside the walls. Recruits from among your ranks will be expected to take part. I estimate one-third of them will perish. After four years, it's safe to say most will be dead. Those of you alive will be the most capable soldiers of us all. Now having heard this tragic news, whoever still wishes to put their life on the line and join us, remain here, but first, ask yourself: Can you give your heart, can you give everything for humanity?"

The question stunned a few cadets, beads of sweat trickled down their foreheads. The rest remained still, in silence.

"That is all, those wanting to join other regiments are dismissed," Erwin announced, his hands remaining behind his back.

"Commander, I think you may have over intimidated the cadets' sir," a soldier panicked from the sidelines, his brows furrowed. "None of them are going to stick around.

Soon enough, most of the cadets began to move, refusing to risk their life. Some stayed, although it took every ounce of courage to not walk off alongside those who decided to leave.

"Let me ask you this if you were ordered to die, would you?

"We don't want to die, sir!"

A small smile crept up onto Erwins face, "Well then, let us hope that you don't."

"Those of you who stayed, you are now one of us. Allow me to welcome you to the scout regiment. This is a genuine salute soldier, together we give out hearts!"

"Sir!" Everyone chanted in response.

"Those of you standing here have worked through your fears. Each one of you has my utmost respect."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n sat on a flipped over bucket, humming to herself. She then turned to Eren, who was slaving away cleaning the horses.

ꜰʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ [] ᴇʀᴇɴ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें