Season Three: Episode 38 Part One

The door to the cabin clicked open, revealing: Sasha, Armin and Jean. 

"Hey, did you guys wipe the mud off your shoes before you came in?" Eren asked, a look of distaste spreading across his features. 

Jean's brow raised, "huh, are you kidding me? Do you not see all the stuff we're carrying?" 

"You idiot, you think that excuse is gonna play with captain Levi?!" Eren scolded. "Bad enough I had to make your bed for you this morning, and now this crap?"

"Oh shut it!" Jean retaliated. "Who are you? My Mom?" 

The door clicked once more to reveal both Mikasa and Y/n holding planks of wood in their arms. 

"We're back." Y/n greeted whilst propping the axe beside the door. 

"Wait, you were chopping firewood?" Armin asked with worry, his brows furrowing. 

Y/n let out a small breathy laugh, "I guess I couldn't help myself, I'd feel useless if I didn't help out some way." 

"You got grabbed by a titan- you should be in bed recovering!" The blonde advised but Eren was quick to stop him.

"You're wasting your breath, this morning I caught her jogging outside."

Jean growled under his breath, "Oh so you're a nag and a spy!" 

"Huh, how the hell is that spying!?"

Y/n walked towards the room she'd been staying in, closing the door behind her. A shaky breath escaped her mouth as she lifted her shirt, revealing the deep purple bruising on her sides. Her fingertips grazed the bruises scattered over her body. A small hiss escaped her mouth, some being more sensitive than others.

"Y/n, are you in there?" Sasha knocked on the door lightly. "We're heading out for Eren's experiments- I thought I'd let you know." 

The h/c haired girl bit her tongue, "I'll stay here and keep an eye on the cabin while you're out."

Sasha hummed from the other side of the door, "Alright, I'll let Captain Levi know!"

The brunette's footsteps receded from the door until they were no longer in hearing reach. A heavy sigh left Y/n's lips as the quietness settled in the cabin. It was peaceful.

Her eyes wandered the room just before landing on the mattress to the side. Its sheets were set out nicely, the pillow fluffed to its preferred height. The sight alone made Y/n's eyes heavy. Her boots echoed against the cobble flooring as she lifted her body on top of the mattress. With each second, she sunk further and further into the softness. Her eye's finally closed. 

~~~

"Y/n!"

"Y/n!" 

The girl snapped her head towards the cries, her e/c hues landing on two figures. She ran with full haste towards the sound of screams, sweat dripping down from her forehead. 

"Mother, Father?!" She cried out, pedantically searching the nearby streets.

Her rushed movements slowed to a halt, her parents standing inches from her. Blood smeared from their skin to their clothing, dirt covering the once soft fabrics. Their eye's held no life as they turned an unnatural grey. 

"Y/n, you could have saved us." 

"Why didn't you save us?"

Y/n's lip trembled at the sight, fear striking her body like a cold knife to the heart. Her eye's scanned her hands, the small things pooling with blood, but it wasn't hers.