Chapter 17 | Fear

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."

-Unknown

Chapter 17

Fear

The sizzling sound of the crickets and the street lamps that blink has made my heart sunk. I pressed my lips together and clutched on Shizuo's vest. Sniffing the man's intoxicating scent, I looked up and saw him shushing to me.

"Shush. I heard something." Shizuo whispered, his eyes scanning if to see there was; his shoulders were tensed up so I can see he isn't joking around.

Although it wasn't the hug I expect him to give, at least it's close to it right?

This made me cautious of my surroundings; I could definitely feel someone spying on us. I made sure that my instincts were right by listening in what's around me; the sounds of the crickets and the flickering of the street lamps turned drone. After listening carefully, I suddenly heard someone swore and the bushes rustling over the other street. I can sense the person hiding there so I dashed to the other street, sprinting as I take out my hand-held taser from my purse.

Ever since Izaya started stalking me I thought of buying a taser since I thought it'd be useful. Especially on Izaya.

Knowing my Dad, he'll do anything to get what he wants and I know he's one step ahead to capturing me but of course, I don't want that to happen. As soon as I get my hands on this guy, I will torture him and force him to tell me who's up to me. My Dad would probably hire spies to spy on me, but I doubt he knows where I live. He might be waiting for the right time for me to give myself in. Like hell I would.

He's a fucking asshole.

I hate him.

He should die!

Anger started building up on me, I tightened the grip on the taser and growled angrily. "Die. Die. Die."

The wind whipped around me as an adrenaline rush bubbled from within me.

Is it the right thing to do? Hurt him?

Before I popped out of my bubble, I came to realized I was crushing the man's shirt, ready to strike the taser right at his neck. But why did I stop?

He gulped, shaking hopelessly in fear. "Please . . ."

I glared at him coldly, gritting my teeth angrily. "Who are you? And why are you following us?"

But of course, Shizuo, like the hot-tempered man he is, he hastily grabbed the man's neck and pulled the camera away from him, giving it to me.

"I'll be askin' questions around here," He grunted without tearing his eyes away from him as if he feared he would sprint away, he then asked in a loud voice. "Who are you, bastard? And why the fuck are you spyin' on us?"

He gave a hard stare. "What are you up to?" He punctuated each word with a slight pause, emphasizing the phrase.

"My name's T-Takahiro Suzumura, I was told to take pictures of you two secretly but mainly you, Akiyama-san," Takahiro's voice wavered, "you're currently wanted here in Ikebukuro."

Of course, I knew this would eventually come whether I like it or not. This will probably be a big issue and I might not be able to show myself up for awhile, even as me acting as a boy or Shinra's brother.

I had to admit though I didn't think my father would take his move this fast. I've been too blind to see this coming; I should prepare myself on what's coming.