Chapter 22 | Reunion Part 1

REDedicated to : PsyIzaRoppi-138 she waited for this chapter to come for a long time now. I do hope you like it :)

"Because we can't understand each other, it makes us want to make things clear even more."

- Sawako Kuronuma

Chapter 22

Reuinion Part 1

Thick fog hung over the city of Ikebukuro. The sun barely shed onto the damp streets, and as usual people crowded the empty streets; the honking noises that the cars made because of the car accident that happened, every vehicle had to pause from transporting so caused it was traffic.

The girl has secretly slipped out of the car, escaping from the chauffeur that had his eyes on the streets for an hour now. Although she knew it was bad for her to disobey her father's rules for doing this again, she couldn't help but to crave to see the outside world and to roam around the city.

Her short strawberry blonde hair seemed to dance a little in the wind. The small gust turned into a more aggressive gust, knocking her small pink hat off her head and causing it to tumble down the sidewalk.

The girl had to chase after her hat but it continued to run away from the girl. She continued to run and chase after the hat, heavily breathing, sweat formed on her forehead. She was getting a little annoyed by this.

When the hat has stopped into a total hault, she bent down to pick up her hat with her small hand when another had already had it. Their hands nearly brushed.

Her eyes widened and when she was about to look up, the person spoke.

"Gee kid, you should really look where you're at. You're at the middle of the road!" A familiar voice rang into her ears, it was the exact voice with the boy she met in that hospital. Making her shiver a bit, she proceeded to straightening her back, looking at the boy who held a frown on his face. "You are . . . ? "

"Shizuo," the boy reminded simply while looking at the pink hat and turning it every which way.

His eyes were the color of chocolate, and his brown hair seemed to flow at the breeze that both hit them. "The one that saved ya?"

"Ah. Y-you. Thank you again." The girl gave a curtsy, making the boy feel weirded out. The girl was all proper and dressed up so he wasn't use to the girl's fashion sense.

"Big brother." A petite boy showed up behind the girl. "I found one."

The boy had dark chocolate hair and two piercing charcoal eyes, half-lidded; his voice cold and boring. He turned to the girl only to see if he has met her before. ". . . Akiyama-san?"

"Hikaru," She spoke smoothly, "can I have my hat now?"

Shizuo smirked, putting her hat on as he motioned her to come close and his brother, Kasuka. "Not unless you play with us!"

She huffed and propped her hands on her hips, glaring at the two boys. Though she was slightly tempted to, she had to go back home and be the good girl, her father wants her to be. The chauffeur must be searching for her right now and she refuse to have him fired by her father; he needs the job and he's too old, it would be a pity if she had him fired. She felt guilty because of her foolish action. Instead of her, the chauffeur would get into trouble.

"Please? I have to go back before-"

"Chicken!"

"What?! N-no!"