Chapter 04 | The Bet

Chapter 04

The Bet

Before leaving the apartment, Hikaru took a bath and wore her favorite clothes: A simple red quilted sweat top, skinny jeans and white leathered boots. Her strawberry-blonde hair tied up into a messy bun and tonight she decided to take her contact lenses off and wear her glasses instead.

Shizuo's hand ran through his hair as he stares at busy Hikaru, "Oh good, you found your bag. Did the bastard give it back to you?" He asked putting his blue sunglasses on and pushing it back to the bridge of his nose. Shizuo didn't change his clothes; he was still wearing the bartender suit that he loves so much.

She didn't want Shizuo to know that a black haired man called Izaya Orihara, who he happened to hate a lot, went to his apartment and gave the lost bag back. Thus, she had to lie and answer yes, "Uh... yea... he said that he felt guilty."

"Hm, good."

-Time Skip-

"Good sushi. It's cheap." The tall man gave a flyer to a random stranger. Hikaru stayed behind Shizuo, she held the back of his vest and kept her head low. Ever since they left, she was too shy to show her face up. Lots of people looked at them, they were shock to see a girl with Shizuo despite of knowing Shizuo is a type of person who doesn't care if you're a lady or a man. If you piss him, you're dead.

"Yo, Simon." Shizuo waved a hand to the man so called 'Simon'.

"Ah, Shizuo, come and eat sushi." The tall man smiled widely and noticed the small lady behind Shizuo, "Shizuo, you didn't tell me you have a new girlfriend." He said in a happy go lucky tone.

Hikaru gazed up at the tall man and she gripped on Shizuo's vest tightly, 'What new girlfriend?! Don't tell me he actually liked another...' She thought, feeling a little jealous because of what she has realized. She pouted and let go of the Shizuo.

"I am not Shizuo's girlfriend!"

"She's not my girlfriend!"

They exclaimed simultaneously, Simon lets a laugh out of his lips.

"A friend of Shizuo is a friend of mine as well. So... are you here to eat Russia sushi?" He asked smiling even more. She crossed her arms over to her chest and looked away, waiting for Shizuo to speak up.

Shizuo puts a hand on her shoulder making the lady blush a little, "Yup, we will be having your cheapest sushi. My friend and I are starved."

He gestured them in, giving them daggers of smiles as he took them to their seats. The sushi place isn't half bad at all; there weren't a lot of people tonight though. The two of them took their seats and Simon told them that the food will be ready soon.

"Shizuo, you look tired. Are you sure that you are okay?" Hikaru asked worried about his health, "Do you want me to prepare you soup when we return?"

He shrugged and shook his head, "Che, this morning I saw the flea running around so I chased him and left Tom alone again. He escaped but next time I see him, I'll break every single bone in his body."

Hikaru chuckled imagining what Izaya would look like if ever Shizuo caught him; she smiled, "Izaya looks like a nice person, why do you hate him so much?"

"Eh?! That bloody bastard is a piece of shit. He plays with you and your life. Like I said stay away from that flea... he will use you like a puppet." He growled angrily.

"Calm down, Shizuo. I don't think a guy like Izaya would even use me or be interested...he'd probably think I'm boring." She smirked and stared at her nails, "And I can handle myself, no worries."