Chapter 33 | Inlove

A/N: The song that Hikaru played is up in the media. Listen to it before reading!

~

"We as humans have the power to do such, but whether we grab on to the thread or not is a choice we make."

- Ciel Phantomhive

Chapter 33

Inlove

" What were you humming? "

He studied me with his eyes, his gaze was firm and fixed, and for a second there, I saw a different person in him. Staying tight-lipped momentarily and trying to catch why he asked me that question out of the blue, I stayed at that small spot I was in. My hand could feel the vibration of his pounding heart- everything about him was strange at this moment.

"Answer my question." He arched an eyebrow, repeating the unanswered question.

Eyes still widened by his abrupt behavior, I glanced away, shook my head, and murmured. "It's an old song I have heard from my early days here in Ikebukuro," I began pushing his sturdy-lean chest away from me, "I don't exactly know the name of the song."

He straightened his back, shifting into a more comfortable stance and as I watch him, I tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear awkwardly.

"Have you heard it before?" I queried, coming closer to him to have a much full examination.

Not taking his eyes away from mine, he shook his head sheepishly chuckling; confusion spreads across his features and it made me think that all of what he is doing right now, I might be the cause of it.

"I haven't." He muttered, wincing inwardly. His hand ran through his dark locks and all his hair sprung back into their usual casual but messy state.

"Oh," I popped out the usual 'Oh' and continued to keep the eerieness away, "well I made lunch for us just like I said, I would."

"You don't have to." Just when I turned to the counter to serve him the food I have prepared he stopped me in advance.

I clenched my fists tightly as my knuckles turn white, 'Is he making fun of me? Is this some kind of joke? After all the effort I had put up.'

My mouth hesitated to ask why but why bother if he looks like he isn't in the mood anyways. However, if I don't say anything, it will go to waste.

Puffing my cheeks out like a chipmunk, I prop both of my hands on the sides of my waist, glaring at the informant.

He gave his old fashion grin and shrugged his shoulders on me. "Sorry, Hika-chan, I'm on a diet."

I have no words to describe my disappoinment towards his rash behavior- he could have acquaint me earlier, I wouldn't even bother doing it. Staying firm and acting as if it was no big to me at all, I turned my pissed face to a bright fake smile. "Eh? Is that so? Okay." Emphasizing 'okay' in a sarcastic tone.

I stepped away and strut out of the kitchen with clenching fists by my side. My anger boiled throughout my afternoon, I was staying in my room for hours, watching my favorite anime and as time flies by, boredom twirled my insides. I had the urge to go out of my room, however, I still hate Izaya for canceling our lunch date- I mean meeting.

He's not the only one here working, I'm trying to be a good room mate here. I munched on the goodies Kasuka gave me on my birthday and continue typing on my laptop, I am currently having a conversation with Celty.

She said that she had a feeling that Izaya would do something stupid and she wasn't wrong on that one, well it isn't surprising anymore; this is Izaya Orihara.