Chapter 29 | Out of the Blue

" Just keep swimming. "

- Dori

Chapter 29

Out of the Blue

One figure. A blinding light, piercing through my pupils and causing burts of black and white to dance across my vision. And the everlasting scent of maple trees pumpkin wafting into my nose. Autumn leaves with various colours fall down before me.

I outstretch an arm to reach the figure; the mysterious figure. But as I persist on reaching the figure, fear claws at my stomach as if a beast as fierce as a thousand storms were trying to prevent me from touching the figure.

Pain flashes like lightning in my fragile heart, striking every vital part of my body.

The horrible things he has done. No, I hate it, I hate it, I don't want that.

That cold metallic feeling as I held that gun, my index finger extended; against the frame of the gun. The blood that sprawled on my bare feet.

Why didn't I finish him?

If only my Father . . .

My fingers turned numb and cold but I kept stretching my arm out to it but it wouldn't reach back.

Reach back!

Reach back!

The light subsided turning faint. I need to reach for it so it could save me! Save me from this insanity!

I need to paint myself like the figure- white and pure. I cannot let myself bathe in an empty pit of darkness and despair.

No more sadness, darkness, fear, and grief. I will not stand in the crowd of people who are monotone and bleak.

That's why I have to catch up with the light!

My eyes flew open the moment the world returned color. The scene, previously coated in different shades of orange, began to regain their own color, allowing the world to showcase its wide array of colors. Like a gem.

Right when my eyes dilates, I knew that I had another of those boundless dreams. I threw a quick glance on the bracelet Shizuo gave me two days ago and it glistened beautifully to my eyes; this bracelet is attached to the hand I used for reaching out, I didn't know why but it has always been the hand I see in my dreams.

My attention was suddenly drawn to how shiny the star is. I squinted and end the watchful gaze.

I still couldn't believe that my stomach didn't coil up into knots when he looked at me like that, usually I'd be a red face tomato but this time, it was different, very unusual.

Blinking my eyes, my hand traveled to the night stand and just when I unlock my phone, several messages from Dana greeting me good morning- in the site where I might her.

- 6 : 0 5 a m -

' Dana: Ohayou, Shi-chan ! ! (*˘︶˘*)

Dana: Time check it's . . . (〃^∇^)ノ 6:11 am.

Dana: Still not awake ?! (. ゚ー゚)

Dana: Wake up, Shi-chan ! ! It's morning ! ! The skies are awake ! ! '

Rubbing my eye drowsily, I typed with only one hand and let my fingers do the work. I'm guessing she has something to say; normally we'd chat around eight o'clock in the morning.

- 7 : 5 6 a m -

' Shi: ( °٢° ) Ohayou, Dan-chan . . .

Shi: Sorry for the late reply. Yesterday, we had to tidy up the mess we made. '