Chapter 07 | Onii-tan!!

Chapter 07

Onii-tan!!

-December 4, 2014/ 7:00 a.m.-

       She couldn't sleep after Izaya's little visit, so she borrowed Celty's laptop and made a little research about butlers. She also talked to her best friend, Jemimah, who she met back in High school. She told her many things about Ikebukuro and the changes that were made. But after that topic, they talked about Hikaru's father...

Hikaru: Did my father ask you where I am?

Jemimah: No, he hasn't. He's still in the hospital, waiting for you to return.

Hikaru: I will never show myself to him ever again! That person has no heart at all!

Jemimah: But, Hikaru, I'll really miss you, won't you miss me too?

Hikaru: Well... I do, but you know how I wanted this to happen. I've waited for years... Shizuo-kun will soon fall for me, don't worry.

Jemimah: Alright, I'll inform you if your father is on the move. The package won't take long till it gets there. Do you have anything that you might add?

Hikaru: Laptop, clothes, camera, shoes and sketchpad. That's all I need for you to put in there.

Jemimah: Seriously, Hikaru? You should really quit drawing! Ha-ha, I saw two mini stick figures bumping their heads to each other.

Hikaru: Jem! They were kissing! And I'm practicing, okay?

Jemimah: Ha-ha, I couldn't stop laughing. The girl has triangles for dresses and has two strands of hair that looks like antennas! Ha-ha!

Hikaru: l|lOTL Fuck you.

Jemimah: I love you too. XD

________________________________

       Shinra told Hikaru to go buy red apples for breakfast and so she did, running into the nearest grocery store to buy red juicy apples. She took a basket and walked to the fruits section.

       She woke up a little late this morning, but luckily, Shinra was still asleep so she had all the time she needs to prepare for herself. She wore her butler attire, ironed Shinar’s newspaper and prepared his clothes, but of course, when she was off to ready his breakfast, he has his mind on apples today.

       She observes the red apple before putting it into the basket. Hikaru picked up one of the best apples she thinks is fresher. After paying for the apples that Shinra has told her to, she pays it with Shinra's money of course. She passed by the park which she adores the most.

When Shizuo saved her life.

       Seeing the old bench which she sat on when she collapsed when she was young. Her smile reached ear to ear, her eyes lifted; quickly she walked over to the bench where a tree stands beside it.

       Hikaru can still smell the fresh scent of wet grass, and the hot temperature that day, it was a very special day. She sat on the bench that was surprisingly very cold; the place was already covered by thick, white snow. Remembering the old and fun days, the one that she will never forget, is the day when they made that silly promise.

       She hugged the plastic filled with apples, her cheeks turned as red as the apples she held. She couldn't take her mind off it.

--Flashback--

       Hikaru, Kasuka, and Shizuo played the game 'Catch' before they could return to their homes and rest. They played all day long with cheerful faces, they didn't want the day to end but alas, they have their limits. Kasuka's smile was then again on, it was rare for him to show such expression, and he would only smile like this whenever he sees her smiling.