Chapter 28 | Sweet Pandemonium

Sorry for the late update!

"I wonder if this is how people always get close: They heal each other's wounds; they repair the broken skin."

- Lauren Oliver

Chapter 28

Sweet Pandemonium

She grasped on Shizuo's damaged arm with hot boiling anger while she dragging him all the way to her bedroom.

"Ow! H-hey!"

Hikaru hates it when Shizuo gets into trouble and she hates it more if he gets injured. Even when they were young, Hikaru would get angry whenever he'd get a bruise or a scratch; however most of those times, Shizuo was just trying to keep her from harm. She is as fragile as a flower. He'd put all of his strength up for her; only for her; even if it would bring harm to himself. He swore to himself that as much as possible, as long as he's there with her. He'll protect her with all his can.

"What happened to you?" She asks calmly as her eyes burn into his sockets. She charged him down on the bed, falling on his buttocks with a pained look written all over his face.

"This is nothing." He says, but Hikaru stays inconvinced with his answer but somehow her face falls from angry to guilty. She should be the one beaten up not him, he doesn't deserve to get such injury.

With a sad sigh, Hikaru went over to her desk and rummage through her aid kit, to find anything that would instantly make him feel better. Luckily, she found lavender oil which would help reduce the swelling; she then prepared the materials which she will be needing and returned back to Shizuo shortly.

Shizuo rubbed his bruised arm and pretended like it didn't hurt at all, but when Hikaru rolled up his sleeve, there was a huge bruise marked on his shoulder; it was purple and dark.

"It's not that bad." He groaned.

"Shut up." She knelt down on her knees, soak the towel in cold water with a mixture of lavender oil and pressed it on his bruise lightly. As she was doing this, she remembered the times when she would try helping him but would hopelessly fail.

She brushed her bangs away from her eyes and continued patting it. "I used lavender oil to reduce its swelling and cold water to relief you from pain. I'll get some plaster bandage rolls so that you could move freely." She stayed periodically composed as she said that but slowly her composed self returned to her sad form. He noticed how her face changed while she was wrapping the cloth bandage around his damage arm.

"There." She announces, stirring up his gaze away from her face. She fixed his arm perfectly and rolled his sleeve down back to the way it is.

"Thanks," a deranged voice urges followed by a scanty gruff, "it feels much better now."

"You're welcome." She replied with a close-eyed smile. But he knew that her smile was nothing but a forged smile; he knows what's the difference with her fresh mango smile and her artificial one. Right away, a thought blew into him like a harsh blow of a hammer, that what if; Hikaru doesn't like it being with him anymore?

Just as when she was about to stand up to return her belongings, Shizuo held her by the shoulder with a tint of pink on his cheeks.

"I . . ." His lips sealed and wasn't able to blurt out the words he has to say. It was only three words, eight letters and it he couldn't even muster up the second letter. Who's the strongest in Ikebukuro now?

"I-I'd like to speak with you later!" He stammered out too loud. She blinked in confusion.

"U-uh . . . okay, whatever you say." She twittered under her breath.