Chapter 09 | Jealousy? Part 2

Dedicated to DessertButterfly, for being a great Friend

Chapter 09

Jealousy? Part 2

 ❆ 

_____________________________

Hikaru's P.O.V.

My eyes got puffy, red and tired-- cried for at least half an hour. The pain got into me really bad-- I just want to erase it all.

I looked at my reflection on the mirror and frowned at how horrible I must have looked: I looked pale, weak and I wasn't feeling well either, I shouldn't have eaten that damn ice cream. Looking at my tired eyes and body, I began to strip my butler clothes off, untying my necktie, and unbuttoning my shirt. 

I filled the tub with warm water and dipped my toe to check the temperature, before dipping my body into the warm water.

Taking a relaxing bath releases mountains of stress out of my body. It makes me want to wish, I'd stay here instead of going outside. The bubbles around me and the fluffiness, I felt, I feel like I was in heaven. And the fragment smell of the scented candles, I bought. My inner self has come at peace but remembering it, makes me feel-- I don't know.

I sighed deeply, "Fuck." I couldn't keep the word in my mouth anymore, it just makes me feel icky inside. I know, I shouldn't feel this... it's wrong to be jealous over someone.

EARLIER THIS AFTERNOON...

'I like you.'

Am I hallucinating? Maybe I’m dreaming? I blinked and tilted my head if it is real. Well it's definitely real.

Today, Shinra and Celty is out for a date, they said I can go have some fun, so I called Shizuo out. I wanted to spend more time with him since Christmas is coming plus I'd like to win that bet!

Izaya smiled at me, his eyes beamed for a second, making my heart raise a little. I couldn't believe he'd kiss me off like that, but I'll still prove him wrong.

I pretended like I didn't know him so I lower my head and crossed my fingers, hoping that he'd go away. I could hear the sound of his boots squeaking on the floor, it was more of a skip so you'd know right away.

'Please, please, go away. Shoo, shoo.' I thought, biting my lower lip.

But I guess, I'm out of luck for today-- I should have listened to Shizuo, talking to this guy will lead me to trouble. He pulled his chair in front of me as the chair made a little creak sound, as he tries to get my attention. I stared at the people who passed by the cafe, some were families together but mostly, were couples holding each other's hands. Winter can be cold so people around Ikebukuro, loves the feeling of someone else's presence-- I wonder if Izaya feels the same way about me.

"Can I finish your ice cream, Hoshi-chan?" He asked politely, his voice was in a whispery tone.

I took a quick glance, as I put my hand on the table, resting my chin on my palm, "Go ahead."

He took the spoon out of my other hand and scooped up some ice cream, his lips touching the spoon as he shoves it in his mouth, allowing it to go down in his throat. His Adam's apple moved a little, as he swallows. He brings a smug smile to his face after eating it.

"An indirect kiss from Hoshi-chan."

My eyes widened as I recall the incident that happened that night. Images of him, leaning towards me slowly and his soft lips tenderly kissing my lips.

I blushed a little and ignore his flirty smug of smile, "Shut up, perv. I'm in a bad mood."

He chuckled slyly while scooping another ice cream, "Humans and their feelings, you can never control them."