Chapter 13 | Cats & Dogs

Chapter 13

Cats & Dogs

"I-ZA-YAAA!" Shizuo screamed on the top of his lungs, his voice was extra angry and it's all thanks to Izaya of course. His dark chocolate eyes glued to Izaya's dark red orbs.

Izaya grinned, "Oh-oh. Shizu-chan is here."

Hikaru's eyes flint when she heard Shizuo's voice; Izaya pulled Hikaru's arm by force and brushed his slender arm to her waist, "Ah, Shizu-chan! Care to join our game?"

Shizuo balled his hands into a fist; he couldn't wait to rip Izaya's hand off. He clenched his jaws angrily and he breathe in annoyance, "Get. Your. Hand. Off. Her."

"Izaya, quit it. You're going to get us in trouble." Warned Hikaru.

Izaya's eyebrows rose as he pull Hikaru closer to his chest, "I think you're a little too jealous, Shizu-chan. I'm just playing with Hoshi-chan."

Shizuo shot Hikaru a glare, scaring Hikaru even more. Hikaru looked at Shizuo with a touch of concern.

"Shizuo, calm down." She cooed.

Shizuo gave no response whatsoever, he was too pissed to even hear her out; he grabbed the nearest 'weapon' he could find and tossed it over to Izaya, to be precise, a trash bin. Her very first instinct is to save Izaya; she pushed Izaya down to the white snow leading the two to safety.

"A-are you okay?" She reassured.

Izaya's eyes widened a little, but nodded anyway. The squelching sound Shizuo made as he walked closer to the two; Hikaru looked at Shizuo with slight fear in her eyes, her body was trembling.

"Shi-"

Shizuo grabbed Izaya's jacket which Hikaru is wearing, he grabbed hold of Hikaru and pushed her out of the way.

Her small body landed on the hard pavement, which would probably leave a bruise on her arm. Pain blossomed around her body; she felt helpless at the moment.

"S-stop." She whimpered.

When Izaya saw how Shizuo toss her, he quickly made his move by putting on his stance. He stood up, ready, and takes his flick blade out of his pocket.

"Let me go." Izaya demanded while he points his flick blade aiming on Shizuo's neck. With a quick glance, Izaya looked at the girl behind Shizuo.

Following Izaya's gaze, Shizuo turns his head over to his shoulder and realized how damaged Hikaru looked. His muscles loosed and his balled fists wore off. For a brief moment he felt horribly guilty for hurting her; it wasn't like him to do that to her.
Her eyes shifted to the bartender that looked so confused and sad. The tall man walked over to her but she skidded away.

She held her injured arm as she screamed, "Are you Shizuo?"

Tears rolled down her cheeks the words that left her mouth was unintentionally; her lips were trembling, but she continued, "Because the Shizuo, I use to now, would never hurt me."

Shizuo gasped, his heart ached a little when he recalled the time that he promised that he'd never hurt her. He was speechless, dumbfounded and stunned of what he did.

She wheezed as she stares at him; never did he encounter her with this petrified look. Shizuo stuffed both of his hands in his pockets as he propped his feet, one to another.

"Look kid, I'm so--"

"Kid?" She scoffed rolling her eyes, "I'm just some kid to you now?"

Silence.