Chapter 02 | Stay with Me

Chapter 02

Stay with Me

The girl is fast asleep in the arms of Shizuo; Shizuo on the other hand, is in deep silence, he is carrying Hikaru in his arms. Her face is near to his neck and her warm breath is touching his neck; the two of them shared each other's warmth through the cold night by keeping each other close.

He knew that the girl is exhausted from the long trip; he noticed that there are slight dark bags under her eyes.

While walking down the city of Ikebukuro, questions were running in his mind; it reminded him of the good old days and when there are good days, there are also bad days. Many times did he look at her face, it was unbelievable. He missed her presence, her smile, her laugh and everything about her. He thought he would never see her beautiful face again. Her existence comforts him but still has that confused face on.

The sun turned the dunes orange red and then quickly sank, leaving them in pre-moon darkness. The night was alive with flashing lights and cameras. The zephyr blew very softly; it sends shivers down Shizuo's spine. People looked at Shizuo in shock, normally they see Shizuo chasing Izaya, but tonight he was actually really happy.

By the time, he reached his apartment, he took his front door keys from his breast pocket and quickly opened the door, but he did it carefully. He didn't want Hikaru to fall or to wake up. He gave the door a kick as it slammed open; in his surprise, she didn't hear the sound of the door. A sigh of relief escaped his thin lips, "Up to now, you're still a heavy sleeper." He chuckled.

He flicked the light switch open to see what his place looks like, unfortunately, it was a bit messy. More or less.

The living room stinks, it was dusty and you can't see the true color of the walls, it looked gray and boring. The couch had a pair of dirty underwear and a bag of expired chips. There was also a small television, that doesn't really work anymore; on the floor were all kinds of stuff, it's whether expired food, stained and old clothes, and empty bottles of milk.

"Shoot. I forgot." He placed the sleeping lady on the couch, her face sag on the soft leather and then he shut the door close. He was supposed to clean the place up when he received a call from Tom. And he had to go straight to work.

Exhausted, he took his blue sunglasses off, the gloves Celty has given him and let's just say, he took his clothes off except his boxers of course.

Shizuo walks in the shower to refresh his mind, he wanted to take his mind of the problems. He turned the shower on and enjoyed the quiet time he was given, "Why is she back in Ikebukuro?"

***

That's right; I can still remember the time she left Ikebukuro. After my thirteenth birthday, she hugged me goodbye and left me like that. It sucked.

When she entered the van and it started moving, she looked back for the last time with that sad face on; it was the last time I saw that face. My feet just moved by its own and I started chasing after her; I was scared, I was scared of losing the girl I-- who's important to me; to us, Kasuka.

She looked at me at the back window with her sad eyes, hands on the window. Her nose almost touching the window and the hands pushed against the glass.

My feet thumped the pavement when I saw those sad eyes; I wanted to carry the van to prevent it from leaving, but I just can't. Her Father was there with her-- if only, if only I didn't-

The van didn't stop leaving, my heart crushed into bits as I saw her tears running down her cheeks, she turned away and that's how she left me. I needed Hikaru, whenever I'm with her, I can stop my anger. I can control this ursed strength.