Chapter 27 | Under The Mistletoe

"Sometimes a 'mistake' can end up being the best decision you ever make."

-Mandy Hale

Chapter 27

Under The Mistletoe

It's finally the day they've all been waiting for; the most awaited day in every single year. Christmas. Ah, Christmas, it's that time of the year when families and friends meet up in a specific place; it does happen only once a year.

The crisp winter air spreads across the city of Ikebukuro; the sun has finally rose up to wake the people and alert them with great news. Christmas songs and melodies circled around the streets, jingle bells and blinking lights. And not only were those around, but also the early birds who woke up just for this special day. Despite of the cold weather wrapping around them, clunging unto their skin; they gave no care at all.

The little children around Ikebukuro went outside their homes, to greet the people around them a happy holiday.

But of course, they were also excited because of the gifts that they've been craving to open since the night before. They unwrapped their boxes of presents like hungry beasts, which was actually enjoyable to watch.

It might be clothes, toys, gadgets and . . . anime merchandises; or anything, really.

But some of us, have different beliefs when it comes to Christmas. Some may not celebrate it, some might not think of it like we do and some just celebrates it because everyone is and they think of it as a time to just have fun.

All were happy, all were already enjoying and all were just oh-so-grateful. Well except these two, who happened to just realized what. they've. done.

"UWAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!" The two exclaimed in sync, they were both naked and they were just hugging comfortably just a minute ago.

They're faces were ghostly white and they looked as if they've seen a possessed person. What they didn't know was that . . . they were last night.

That night the two had another of their stupid games since they were stuck in traffic last night, the two headed to a nearby hotel. It wasn't convincing at first but when Hikaru saw the cops searching all over the streets, looking for her; what choice does she have?

But of course, being the hard head tsundere Hikaru is, she wouldn't let the poor informant sleep on the same bed. Unfortunately, the hotel they went to had only one vacant room and that room was especially for couples. You can tell that due to the looks of the room- it looks like a total fuck room: free condoms on the side of the table, tissues and the channels on the television were all romance and rated R.

Room service soon knocked on their door, offerring the two free samples of their new hotel drink. It was a bubbly pink colored drink in a wine glass with a cute cherry on top. At first the two said that they didn't want anything that includes alcohol but then the man insisted and said that it's non-alcohol free.

Surprisingly, it doesn't have a stingy feeling on the throat, it actually tasted like a healthy fruit shake. But what they didn't know is, there was a very special ingredient in those drinks. And because it suit their taste buds, they tried out more and later . . . they got impaired by those drinks. Hikaru gets drunk easily, we get it but Izaya; that's one person we all doubt to. I mean, he's rich right? He must have drank something that beats that drink.

But those drinks they've drank were enough to make that black-haired man drunk, very drunk that his vision and thinking went hazy.

And so it happened. It wasn't an intention, it was just an accident. Just an accident.