Chapter 05 | A Butler?!

Chapter 05

A Butler?!

She paced and paced around in a garden filled with a different array of flowers, mostly roses and tulips, waiting for the tall, handsome bartender known as Shizuo Heiwajima. She found the sole fact that she was waiting for "him "instead of him waiting for "her" rather odd. She sat on the cold bench, alone, thinking of what happened earlier. Finally, the month of December entered Ikebukuro; snow started coating the town, and the cold breeze passed by. Her breath turned icy cold and her nose turned pinky; she stared at her hand which Shizuo squeezed and held. She blushed and smiled a little but soon replaced by a frown.

"A bet...huh?" She said idly.

She pulled her legs up and rested her chin on her knees, gazing at the starry sky.

"Hikaru." A masculine voice called out behind her. She knew that voice coming from someone, she knew it was him. Shizuo.

She quickly turned her head over to her shoulder, not knowing that his face was so close to her. He leaned close to her, he was worried, and he thought that the lady was crying silently. Their faces are centimeters away; they stared at each other's eyes for a minute or two. She felt a rush of heat running up to her cheeks and her heart beat faster than before. In her mind she thought...

'Maybe there's a chance...'

The two of them looked away simultaneously with red faces.

"Sorry... I thought you were crying." He apologized walking around the bench and taking a seat beside her.

She cleared her throat, and tries to take the redness off her cheeks, "I-I wasn't."

"Here... it's cold." He gave her the cup of cappuccino, he bought for her.

"Thanks." She took it gladly, smiling at him after.

Shizuo relaxed his shoulders, took the box of cigarettes, and pulled out one, he slides his lighter out of his pocket and lit the cigarette up, putting the tip in his mouth. He loved how it filled and corrupted his lungs. He exhales the grey smoke and it escaped from his thin lips.

Hikaru took a quick gaze of him; she was surprise to see he is now into smoking. She sighed and asked, "Since when did you smoke?"

He chuckled slightly; it was husky yet rather cool, "Back at high school..."

Sipping the warm liquid from her cup, her eyes gave a confused look; she doesn't smoke nor drink, and she hates the taste of alcohol, it burns her throat and it has this unpleasant taste that she hates. Not only does she hate the taste but she gets drunk easily. She keeps it a secret though.

"Shizuo, smoking is bad for you, it's bad for your health." She said with a concern look on her face.

He remained quiet for a little while; he stood up with the cigarette between his middle finger and index finger. He enjoys the last smell of the cigarette before throwing it to the ground, he inhales the fresh air and steps on the cigarette, twisting his foot against the pavement, stepping on the cigarette hardly.

"I know." He replied flatly.

Suddenly, they heard the sound of a horse, neighing and also the sound of a motorcycle coming towards the two. On the motorcycle is a black rider with a yellow, cat shape helmet; it drove to them slowly, parking it to the side of the bench, and taking the phone from her sleeve.

'I need an advice coming from you, Shizuo.' The mysterious rider typed, showing it after to Shizuo.

Hikaru pushed her glasses and tries to look at the text closely. Shizuo gave a shrug, "Go ahead."

'Can I talk to you for awhile? Alone. If your friend doesn't mind.'

Shizuo looked at Hikaru, raising an eyebrow and asking permission; Hikaru signaled him, 'yes' by giving a short nod.

__________________________________

"I want to save money so that I can stay here in Ikebukuro longer... are you sure this person will help me?" Hikaru asked the black biker.

She nodded and typed, 'I am sure that he will. He's a doctor and I think he might need a hand too.'

Hikaru turned to Shizuo who seems to be okay with the plan. Celty asked Shizuo if he knows somebody with a great heart who can understand her and who she can call a friend of hers. Celty is known to be the Headless Rider and almost everyone in Ikebukuro is afraid of her. No one understands her but Shinra, the person who she lives with for 20 years, yet she wants other than Shinra. So Shizuo suggested Hikaru, all Celty has to do now is be friendly to be her and to get to know her. She had this feeling that Hikaru might be the person she is looking for.

3 Hours later...

After discovering that Hikaru is the Great Akiyama's daughter and the famous cosplayer, Hoshi-chan, Shinra was speechless.

"So let me get this straight... you need a job from me and no one can know that you are Hoshi-chan." Shinra reassured, trying to fix the puzzle.

Hikaru nodded, "I can help you out... I am a nurse."

"But then people will recognize you and probably people will make a fuss out of it..." He said, still thinking of a way to hide her identity.

"That's it!"

"What?"

"You can pretend to be my step brother!" He excitedly announced, he love the idea since he wanted to be a big brother long ago.

"But, I'll have to pretend that I'm a dude and that would be cross-dressing! And I haven't cross-dressed since I was 18." She whined, freaking out of his idea.

Shinra smiled brightly, "That will be fine then. No one will know that you are Hoshi-chan."

She was disgusted by his idea but she also knew that it could help her, hide her identity.

She sighed deeply, and approved to that idea, "What is my job then?"

Shinra bit his lower lip and looked up, thinking again and again till an idea popped out, "Be my butler!"

"A butler?!" She exclaimed at his idea. For her, it was child's play; it was too much for her. Playing and acting as his brother and now, he wishes for her to be a butler. But she has no other choice to make, since she is already here and she must make a choice to take.

"You want a job right?" He tilts his head and crossed his hands over to his chest.

"Well... I do, but--"

"Trust me, will you? And this might be fun, I'll let you stay here in my place for free and you get your money monthly." To him, it was a good idea. He's able to help Akiyama's daughter and he's helping Celty be friends with Hikaru at the same time. It may sound odd but he just wants Celty to be happy...

"Fine... Shinra-san." She surrenders; she pared her head down in surrender.

'You can do this.' She thought over and over again.

______________________________

The Next Day. . .

Strawberry blonde locks of hair flows out when she took her ponytail off, it reached almost her butt. It was incredibly long and silky, it was naturally healthy. She took a deep breath and finally spoke, "Goodbye long hair..."

She looked at the mirror and saw her reflection; behind her is a pal of Shinra's, who will be cutting her hair. Celty took her phone out and typed some words.

'Are you ready?'

Author's note:

Just to inform you readers, I do not copy anyone else's fanfics, I work hard and it is made by me. :) Sorry for the long wait... Wish the chapter is worth waiting for.

~Mrs. Michaelis