Chapter 36 | Trapped

" We all feel trapped sometimes. "

- Hiro

Chapter 36

Trapped

"Hikaru is so pretty!"

"Isn't she Akiyama's first daughter?"

"Is she really,doesn't really seem like she is."

"How I wish to be in her spot."

"She's perfect."

Ah,of course,highschool. This was the stage in my life when everyone was talking about me and thought I'm that girl who is almost seemingly perfect- someone who couldn't hurt a bug,someone who can stand by her own,and someone who can't do anything wrong. Oh how I wished they knew what's it like.

"I'm not what you think I am." Was the sentence I always kept in mind and never bothered to say it out loud. I am not that girl in the movies or books with a perfect life,with a perfect ending. I have so many flaws and insecurities but I would rather keep it to myself.

For instance,I am always afraid. I may look strong on the outside but deep inside I am a withered flower. I am afraid of getting hurt constantly,getting scolded,being forced to do things that I do not approve of. And like any other human in this world,I have my imperfections.

"Miss Akiyama,it is time for your lessons."

"Such remarkable improvements,Miss Akiyama. Great job."

Growing up as the heir of the Akiyama family,they expect good fortune from me; all of my father's companies are in my hands in the future.

I try so hard to be someone father want me to be. Putting on a mask so that I may be accepted by my father,the society and everyone else. I couldn't be bold enough to use my own voice,can't be brave enough to listen to my own heart,and to be strong enough to live the life I've always imagined. Yes,I'm strong now because I was able to walk away but I'm broken enough to look back.

If I go back I must inherit all of my father's works,money,everything . . . but like what they say,I must be worth the person to give what my father has left me off. But who am I? I'm no longer that perfect girl everyone thinks I am.

I am one of those few people who do not care about money. I believe that,money wouldn't make me find my true happiness,when I die,I know I can't buy my life back or bring the money to which state I am going to,in the end I am by myself.

True,it can buy me the things I want and have a much stable future,but I would rather be someone who is old-fashioned and work hard for that money,and find happiness at the same time. I guess,there's something I am not afraid of,losing all of my material possessions.

I would rather be called a fraud for not taking my father's position,if it doesn't make me happy and my heart says I don't belong there then I shall listen to my heart and ignore people's opinions towards me. It is time for me to reveal who I really am.

All of those lessons from the past,all of my father's scoldings for not listening to him,I'm glad that I make mistakes.