Chapter 24 | Vague Feeling

"When it comes to people you really love . . . you don't care about yourself."

- Yamato Kurosawa

Chapter 24

Vague Feeling

"It's Heiwajima Shizuo, what is he doing here with that girl?" A man mumbled to the person beside him behind his hand while goggling at Shizuo. Shizuo stood there with two concerned eyes yet nettled at the same time.

"You should be more careful, idiot." Shizuo's eyes slid back to the people around us. He shrugged it off and his hand went to hold me by the wrist. "Let's go." He started.

His touch made my mind flickered back to the time when he saved me countless of time before. Heat crept up my neck but now is not the time to think of this. I simply must refuse.

I pried from the grasp and walked away from the crowd and went over to Kasuka. I smacked his shoulder gently. "I'm okay, geez."

I noticed a silence come over the room, which made me wonder since the room was extrememly chatty just a minute ago. I rotated my head briefly ang caught a glimpse of Shizuo with his head down low, he didn't clunch on his palms and he wore a small frown. Sheer wonder were in my eyes as I stare at him.

"Hika-chan, don't you think you were a little cold?" Kasuka peered over to my shoulder. I wasn't being cold, I just want to stay away from him for awhile, I'm only doing this because Kasuka's around. What I said earlier, it still clung to my heart and it still pains me to even see him.

"I didn't mean to . . . things are just so complicated, Kasuka." I said, eyeing on Kasuka warily. I dipped my head down and ready myself for my leave. "Thanks for the night. I'm sorry if I'm not myself tonight."

The weight in my chest just increases when I look at him.

What hurts the most is, I honestly tried my very best and I did all of these for nothing. He wouldn't like me, of course he wouldn't, I'm merely a friend to him.

What's worse is, I came all the way here to Ikebukuro for someone who doesn't feel anything towards me. It feels like I'm

"Watch out!" Someone screamed to Shizuo.

"HAGHHHH!"

A man must have seen the incident and refused to let this pass; he grabbed a bottle of beer and aimed directly to Shizuo's head. Shizuo jolted away quickly and grasped the man's arm tight. A vein popped on his temple when he saw how ridiculous the man looked at this moment.

"Do you think you can fucking stop me with that?"

When I was about to run to help Shizuo, Kasuka pulled me away from the small group of people. "I should take you home before something else happens to you. Brother can do this."

"He might get injure-" Before I could trail off with my words, a man flipped over to us, only in his underwear with a bloody nose and a black eye. Nevermind then. Gross.

"Urghhh . . ."

"On the second thought, he's a grown man, he can handle this. Bye then." I smiled sheepishly waved my hand like swatting away bees and skirted out of the bar with my hand to my chest.

'My heart felt like an empty tube, like my heart just dropped.' I thought to myself, tightening my grasp on my chest.

As I walk in the city alone, I noticed how the bright colorful lights turned blurry in my eyes, the people around me were in fast motion- grey, dull-like and I stood there out of the crowd. This eerie sensation, the atmosphere- different, it's strange.