Chapter 35 | Dissolving the Chains

' The old me would never have known how blue the afternoon sky looks from the roof. My world is growing. What I once considered background noise is now comforting.'

-Mizutani Shizuku

Chapter 35

Dissolving the Chains

❆ 

' Dearest Shizuo,
               I can't believe that I'm actually back here in Ikebukuro, it's a little frightening but that won't stop me from coming back. I feel like this will be the start button of my new life ㅡ although I am not sures if I will see you or not, I know that something or perhaps, someone will bring me to you.

               Sounds cheesy? Yeah, you're probably right but who knows? Maybe I'll get to meet someone out there that might lure me to you. I'll be the most luckiest person in the planet if I get to meet you and get to have a new buddy! What do you think?

               I really am thrilled that I'll be meeting you soon; to meet Kasuka, your friends, and everyone that enlightens you. I'm ready to come home and see you soon.

                   To the future me,

                               Hikaru '

Funny, who would have thought that I'd actually meet Shizuo because of that idiot. If it wasn't for him, I'd be spending a week finding Shizuo . . . however, Shizuo is kind of popular here in Ikebukuro.

' Dearest Shizuo,
           I've encountered a very strange man and you might know him as "flea", since you've said so yourself. He's irritating, rude, and his face irks the hell out of me. Of all the people I can meet in Ikebukuro, I bump onto him and fell into a pit that would put me in to trouble. The feeling I had when I first saw him is still unsure; my gut doesn't feel too well whenever I am with him. So I don't trust him.

             How were you able to stand to this man? Now it is crystal clear to me, that this man is absolutely the worst man. I salute you for not squishing his face. '

I've been thinking of him in that way?

' Dearest Shizuo,
               I can't believe you'd ask me out! I know that it isn't that special since Tom-san was the one who told you to invite me to dinner but it makes me want to jump out of joy. It's like I'm back to being fifteen again when your crush tells you, he likes you back.

                  Izaya helped me a lot today. I guess, he isn't that bad of a person and it made me think for awhile that ㅡ despite of everything I said back then, he's still human. Whenever I was with him back then, I was a little uneasy but now, slowly, it has gotten a little better.

                  Maybe I should add him in my list of friend contacts. '

. . . it really is amazing.

There are more of that actually, more Izaya, less Shizuo, even though these messages are meant for Shizuo to be read in the future, most of it in my time here in Ikebukuro was about Izaya. They were most likely to be rants.

The kettle whistled out loudly alarming me from my room that the water is ready, so I got up from my feet and walked to the kitchen with thoughts dancing in my mind.

I suddenly remember the time when we were throwing snowballs at each other. It was one of the best memories I had with him, the way he smiled at that time was so kind.

Flustered with the bubbly thoughts, I gave myself a slap on the cheek to prevent me from looking like a tomato and proceeded to making tea.

So what am I really trying to achieve here? To get into a relationship, is that it? And why do I sound like a confused fifteen year old who couldn't decide? Ugh. Is it even normal for a twenty-three year old to feel this way?