33 - You're sick

I walked across the school's halls, heading for the bleachers, a numb look covering my face. It had been two days since the talk with Cole, one of which I missed school, not wanting to have to look at Aiden's face all day long. I couldn't stand being near him, or having to hear his voice. That voice that I so adored and wanted to hear, was now haunting me, the spiteful words that had come out of his mouth still replaying in my head.

Ivory had called me first thing in the morning to tell me the plan for today; skipping the first two periods to hang out in the bleachers while they were still empty as no one was practicing in the field yet. Under any other circumstances there's no way I would've said yes, but I felt so detached from reality that I cared about no implications.

I found Bailey, Ivory and Maya sitting together and talking, as per usual being the first ones to get there. I was actually very glad to see that, because it meant I could talk to them before the boys got here.

I joined them and rubbed my hands together, my face changing from numb to excited and Ivory nudged my ribs "Girl you better tell us why you look like you won the lottery" she said and I laughed, hiding my face in my hands. "Dude, you're blushing! What happened?" Maya covered her mouth in shock, making Bailey roll her eyes. "You're acting like 14 year olds, she's blushing- so what?" she laughed nonetheless.

I finally removed my hands from my face and straightened my back, taking a deep breath. I found the guts to tell them. "Bryan asked me out...and I said yes" I announced and they all shared a look. "Bryan?" Bailey asked, frowning. "Yup" I replied, popping the p. "But I thought that you and A-" Maya started but I cut her off "-Well you thought wrong. Aiden's in a relationship and there's nothing going on between us. Bryan asked me out and I said yes, there's nothing else to it."

"What?!"

I froze, hearing Aiden's voice from behind me. I regained control of myself, turning around to face him. "Is there a problem?" I asked him, my face cold, head leaning to the side a bit. He composed himself, realizing what he had said. "No, no, of course not. I was just caught off guard, I guess" he justified himself. I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Is there a problem?" he used my own words, seemingly annoyed at my reaction. "No, no, it's just that you seem to be getting 'caught off guard' a lot lately" I told him, the girls sharing a look, 'ooh's' coming from Noah and Parker, while Jagger rolled his eyes, clearly not amused.

"For the love of Pete, don't start" Jagger said, taking a seat a step lower than where I was sitting. "If she wants to go out with him, I don't see why not, he seems like a good kid." he took my side and Aiden seemed ready to explode, not believing what he was hearing. Let's say, I was more than amused.

"Seems like a good kid and is a good kid are two different things, don't you think Jagger?" Aiden took a seat across from Jagger, getting a cigarette out of his pocket and lighting it. "We're still at school, can you not? I don't want to be expelled because of you" Maya reprimanded him, looking around her frantically. "Well that'd make it two of us then" I muttered under my breath.

"You got in a fight with Linsday, not me." Aiden fired back, hearing my remark. "Yes, a fight that happened because of you, and Lindsay's psychotic ass" I replied.

I heard Bailey mutter "Here we go again" under her breath, but it was quickly overshadowed by Aiden. "I believe we've had this discussion again, I don't think there's a need for it to happen again."

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I insult your precious little girlfriend?" I fired back, knowing that what I was saying would cause a fight, but being unable to stop the words from coming out of my mouth. He glared at me and threw his cigarette somewhere on the field, causing a pained reaction from Noah who reached to grab it but was stopped by Parker who slapped the back of his head and motioned for him to sit down.