50 - Satan

"Do you have a date to the prom yet?" Ivory asked, catching my attention. "No, and I'm hoping it stays that way" I replied. This week was coming to end and everyone at school was occupied searching for either a costume or a date for the 'prom'. Our school was throwing a party to gather money for the cheer squad but they called it a prom instead. 

"Girl what are you talking about, Bryan has a sweet tooth for you, why don't you go with him?" she continued, and I looked at bailey, hoping she would jump in and save me. she shook her head, but unfortunately, instead of punching her, I still had to reply. "Even if that's true, I dont think Ill be going to prom anyway."  I said, but Ivory being Ivory, she didn't drop it. 

"You cannot be serious" she said making Maya murmur. "Not this again". Bailey simply rolled her eyes. "I am though. There's nothing that makes me want to go". I stated and it was half-true. There's only one person in this school I'd want to go with, but as you know, if he ends up going, he's going with the one girl that's been making my life miserable. 

"But why? Come on, this is our last year in this hell-hole, and that prom is one of the only fun things we'll get to experience here. Don't miss it" she put her hand on mine, and I looked at our joined hands, before looking away.

"There's nothing I want to remember about this school. Only you guys." I said, and she gave me a little smile. 

Soon, we were joined by the boys. "Are you talking about us, again?" Noah teased, taking a seat next to me. "You know I'm always talking about you" I teased him and he pretended to blush. "Stop it, we're not alone" he played along. 

"Enough you two, we can't take you anywhere" Ivory chimed in, making us chuckle. "Y'all heard about the prom?" Parker asked, and I wanted to rip out every single hair on my head. "We were just talking about that" Maya responded.

"So? You goin'?" he continued and an awkward silence fell upon us. Aiden kept his gaze elsewhere, probably hoping he'd be invisible if he did so. "Yes, all of us" Ivory spoke, and I turned to protest, but someone else spoke first.

"All of you?" Aiden asked, and even though the question was directed towards Ivory, it was me he was looking at. 

"Yes" 

"No"

Me and Ivory both said at the same time, making the guys all look at us, clearly confused. "Eve over here doesn't want to go" she explained, tapping my head slightly. "Enough about me" I said, trying to direct the conversation to what I wanted to find out. "Are you guys going?" I asked, turning the attention to them. 

"If I find a date, why not" Jagger said, and I caught his gaze falling on Maya for a split second, before he directed it elsewhere. I nodded. "Proms aren't really my thing but maybe I'll give it a shot" Parker said next. 

"You?" I looked at the reason I asked this question in the first place. He looked caught off guard for a second, sighing shortly before he answered. "I don't know". His answer wasn't satisfactory. 

"Aren't you going with Lindsay?" Noah asked him, making most of the table roll her eyes. As much as I wanted to, I kept my composure. "I might" he simply stated and I felt a slight pinch on my chest. 

"You, Noah?" Bailey asked him, sensing my discomfort, and he looked at his feet for a moment, before answering. "I don't think so" he said. I turned to him. "Why not?" I asked, realizing the irony of the situation, as I was just having the same conversation with Ivory. 

"I don't know, why aren't you going? Scared you won't find a date?" Noah teased me. "Not at all. You're the one that should be scared" I fired back and he smirked, nodding. "I see how it is." he said, pausing for a second. "How about, we make this interesting." he suggested.