17 - someone was hiding inside the chips

Evelyn's POV

"Will you at least tell me what you told her?" I asked Aiden who was moving ahead of me, on a pace of his own, as I desperately tried to catch up "Hey, wait up, you worm!"

Aiden seemed rather amused by my already tired state, my hair starting to frizz up already "Nope, never" he replied, laughing. "Nope, never as in you'll never tell me or you'll never start walking like a normal human?" I said back, trying to catch my breath.

Dear Lord, have mercy.

"The latter. As for the first one, I already told you, Hayes, no one can resist my charm" he very arrogantly said, and I could almost feel the smirk forming on his lips.

"Dude gross, so like what, you hit on my mum?" I tried to block images in my head of what could have come out of his filthy mouth in order to make my mum swoon and let me go. Get out, get out, get out, no, please no.

"Okay, now that's too far, even for me. I love women, but not that much" he stopped in his tracks to let me catch up, something I was absolutely grateful for. I reached him, and wiped the sweat from my forehead.

"Alright, enough with that, we have around one and a half hours to put this thing together and I have no idea what we even need to do, so guide me." I checked my phone to see I had gotten a text from Ivory.

Evil boss lady:

Can't wait for 2nite ;) What r u wearing?

I chuckled and shook my head, trying to come up with something to mess with her. "Who the fuck is Evil boss lady?" Aiden asked, amused and also clearly confused, making me giggle "That would be Ivory, peeping Tom" I messed with him, before typing a text back to Ivory.

Me:

My sexiest lingerie ;)

"You guys are still as close as I remember?" Aiden asked as I put my phone into my pocket and we started walking once again. "Yeah, pretty much" I replied, focused on trying to fix the rat's nest that my hair had turned into. He just nodded and put his hands into his pockets, looking away from me.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him, noticing the sudden change in his tone. Brushing it off he just said "Yeah, dude, why wouldn't they be?" with a slight smile that I didn't quite believe."Uh, I don't know, just asking"

~~~

Turns out one and a half hours could pass much quicker than i thought. After a lot of messing around, chasing Aiden and watching him flirt with the entire store, we had everything we needed.

"I admit I had missed your idiotic behavior, but after today I think I've had enough of a dose" I teased him, stuggling to hold the heavy bags, hoping my arms wouldn't give up on me. Since we left the store, Aiden hasn't stopped mumbling about how he thinks there's no point in throwing this whole thing, and we're going through trouble for nothing and- cranky, he's being cranky.

"Choosing to ignore the fact that you called my charming behavior idiotic, I think you're just jealous that everyone at the store obviously like me way more than they like you" he said with a cocky smirk, while opening, well, attempting to open the door while his hands were also full of bags.

Setting down all of our bags on the counter, I realized we had gotten a lot more stuff than I thought we needed. Trusting Aiden knew what was necessary for our little get together, I blindly followed as I was too busy coming up with comebacks, so looking back at all the things we got, It was almost as if the house was empty to begin with.

I opened the fridge to start putting away our things while Aiden took a run for the bathroom. Opening the fridge's door, my assumptions were correct. Othen than a few basic items, it was empty. With my curiosity eating me up I opened the cupboards only to find out they were in the exact same state. Drawers- also almost empty. What the hell?