42 - Damsel in distress

Evelyn's POV 

"You're not- you're, you're not...again, you're not speaking French!"

It was Saturday morning and I was having my breakfast in the living room with FRIENDS playing in the background. Cole had left a note on the fridge in which he wrote that he'd stop by at midnight to watch Jason and that he wanted to talk to me. 

I had called Bryan first thing in the morning to apologize for how our date had ended and the idea came to mind of asking him to hang out tonight after Cole comes home. He agreed, and now the plan was set. 

The house was empty, as mum and Jay hadn't come home yet and Cole was God knows where. Under any other circumstances I would've loved the silence and peace but the way things had been the past few days, I was desperate to be with someone right now. 

Turning on my phone, I looked all over my contacts, my finger stopping on Ivory. 

Bailey's POV 

"Can you stop fucking yelling and get the fuck out, already?" I yelled at Nash who was seriously getting on my damn nerves. He had come home high on what looked like pills and started a scene out of nowhere as per usual. 

"This is exactly why mum left, no one can stand your whining" he said, looking around the room for something. "My whining? Have you tried living with yourself for more than ten minutes? " I said back, my voice tough but my stance showing something else. I was standing behind the couch, pretending to be leaning on it, when in reality I was waiting for him to snap, hoping the couch would protect me from any objects coming my way.

"I can't wait till you go to college and I won't have to deal with you anymore" he spat out, walking towards the door. "Yeah that's what I was waiting for too, but you're still here" I spat back, making him flip me off and walk out. 

What a fucking day. 

Dropping down on the couch, I hid my face in my hands, wiping the few tears that had managed to slip out. My gaze fell on the liquor in the kitchen. I got up, almost running towards the alcohol, needing to feel the liquid on my tongue. Halfway there, I heard the door knock. 

Annoyed, I huffed, hoping it wasn't my stupid excuse of a brother. On the other side of the door I saw... Jagger and Aiden. Oh no. What are you two dumbasses doing here?" I asked, not amused. 

"We were just passing by and thought we'd make a stop here" Jagger patted my head and I smacked his hand away. They walked in and sat on one of the couches, Aiden equally as bothered as I was. "Excited for tonight?" Jagger smirked and I rolled my eyes. "Sure, sure I'll have to face you girls drunk, all without Evelyn" I said, smirking when I saw a specific name caught Aiden's attention. 

"Poor Eve, having to stay home tonight" Jagger said. Let's stir the pot a little. "Oh, she'll be alright, Bryan's going over to keep her company" I said, immediately leaving the room to give him space to freak out while I laughed my ass off. 

"What?" I heard him, and the laughter began before I could stop it, Jagger joining me. I walked into the kitchen, fishing out some tea, not wanting stupid and stupider to see me drunk. The latter joined me in the room, seemingly upset. "What the fuck do you mean? He's going to her house? Like staying the night?" he said and I fetched him a cup of water, in an attempt to help calm his nerves. The last thing I wanted was for him to start breaking shit in my kitchen. 

"Yup, pretty much." I said casually, enjoying this more than I should be. "No, no, no this can't happen. Bailey, you need to help me" he pleaded, and I scoffed. "Oh, I'm not helping you, buddy, you got in this on your own, now you have to find a way to get out of this shit" I said. He took a seat on one of the chairs, Jagger also joining us.