57- Cruella

Evelyn's POV

"Don't forget to wear sunscreen, okay?" 

"Will do!" I hung up the phone, dropping the phone on the couch, next to me. Catherine had called, asking if I knew where Aiden was, as he hadn't gone home for the last couple of days. I assured her he was okay, and that we decided to take a trip to the beach to visit my relatives for a few days; he simply forgot to let her know before we left. 

Similar lie was told to my mother. When we realised Aiden wasn't coming home with news from Jason, Cole called her to say we're going away for a few days, because Jason was getting bored at home. Thank God for the holidays. 

I hoped the two women didn't speak to each other, or else the entire plan would blow up in our faces. 

The phone rested on my hand, my fingers shaky. I'd called Aiden a million times since the last time I saw him. At first, he wasn't picking up, but after this morning it appeared his phone was turned off. A thousand scenarios ran through my mind in the speed of light; The more hours that went by, the more my heart raced. There was only one person that could help me track down both Aiden and my brother, and that person was currently going through a mental breakdown. 

But why is he taking this so harshly? 

I left the couch in a hurry, skipping up the stairs. His door was closed, as always. I knocked, but go no response, just like before. "Cole, you better not be naked, 'cause I'm coming in" I announced, and walked inside. 

On the floor, in front of the bed, next to the empty beer bottles, I saw Cole. His hands gripped on his hair. "Listen, I know you know something about this and whatever that is, you need to tell me; we have two people missing now, and we don't know who the next will be" 

I might as well start talking to the walls, if i want any communication in this house, because humans don't do so well. 

Cole ignored me completely, and continued rocking back and forth, murmuring incoherently. "She promised she'd call" i heard, and frowned. "Who, promised, Cole?" i asked, my tone demanding. "She said he'd be dafe, she said everything would go according to plan" i froze. Aiden was right. 

Violent images went through my mind, and they all involved me beating my brother to death. I inhaled deeply through my nose. "What plan" i raised my voice dangerously. He didn't answer, he just shook his head. My patience was shot at its very core. 

In a swift move, i lowered myself in front of him. i grabbed his hands, and dragged him out of his hair. "Who else knows about this?" i asked, forcing him to look at me. His eyes were bloodshot and his skin pale. In other words, he looked a mess. As he should .

He gulped, reluctant to give me the answer. With a dry mouth, he whispered "Axel". Once Cole gave me his address, I decided to pay him a little visit. I knew that if I called him he probably wouldn't answer anyway. 

Axel's house was twenty minutes way; those twenty minutes felt like hours. They were just enough time to try and call Aiden again, and feel my heart crumble when I realized that if Axel doesn't help me, I might never hear from him again. 

I knocked on the door, my phone in hand. In seconds, the door opened and in front of me, stood a very tired Axel. When his eyes landed on me, he froze, his hand pushing the door shut. Unfortunately for him, my shoe blocked the door, as I had slipped it through. I let myself in and closed the door. "Listen, if you don't help me, we're both going down" I told him, and he chuckled. "Both? Thinking ahead of yourself there, I see" he teased me. 

"Am i?" i asked and pressed play on the recording i had ready on my phone. "On this recording you are heard exposing all of Linday's dirty laundry. If i give this to the cops, they'll have her arrested, and you'll be dead within the same day" i stated, and watched his Adam's apple bob as he gulped nervously.