16 - What in the Krabby patties did you do?

*A/N I was listening to this song while writing the first half of the chapter and i suggest you do too if you're into listening while reading, or you could play it when it's mentioned in the chapter*

*A/N p2 I was so excited to put this out that i haven't edited it so if there are any spelling mistakes etc forgive me, i'll fix them in the morning*

The rest of the week went by pretty smoothly, and before I knew it, it was Friday and I was far from excited. I wasn't in the mood for any of the things planned and mostly of all, I wished I could avoid Aiden. His rude attitude towards me last time we were together hasn't slipped my mind and although the detective in me wants to find out more about it, I really can't be bothered.

It's great having him back in my life and everything but so far it's been feeling soap opera-y. I had dreamed about Aiden coming back endless times while he was gone, I had imagined hugging him, hanging out with him, staying over and spending all night doing the things we used to do together and catching up on what we've missed.

In case you haven't got it yet, no, it hasn't been like that.

He's back. Great. Yay. Party. Except oh, you can't hang out, oh, he apparently has a dark history everyone is trying to hide from me, oh, your brother hates his guts and will do anything to prevent him from entering your life again and oh, did I mention you can't hang out?

I don't understand when we went from being somewhat normal teenagers to this and this whole situation has been very draining so far.

"Evelyn, can I talk to you for a second?" I heard my mom's voice coming from the kitchen. I dragged myself out of bed where I've spend the past twenty minutes, preparing myself for today's disaster.

"What's up" I spoke in a low voice, sitting on one of the chairs.

"I bumped into Catherine the other day" this can't be good. "She told me about your little get together, which apparently is today, here." So call me paranoid, but why do I recognize an angry tone in her voice?

"Yes, the guys will come over tonight, is that okay?" I asked her. Okay so maybe I should have told her first but it slipped my mind completely. I mean, she's never home and she spends most of her nights at her boyfriend's house now that she knows I know about his existence so I didn't think it would be a problem.

That and that I forgot she lived here too.

"No, Evelyn, it's not okay. You organized this whole thing and didn't say anything, I was planning on bringing Russ over for dinner tonight!" she explained, turning to look at me.

Russ as in her boyfriend Russ?

"You want us to meet him? Mom I had no idea it was that serious between you two!" I suddenly felt a small smile creep in the corners of my mouth, was she slowly getting back on track? Could this mean she'd be around more? Maybe even turn us into a normal family again?

"I didn't say meet him, I just said I'm bringing him over to have dinner with him and would very much appreciate it if you stayed at a friend tonight. Jason will go to bed early so he won't be bothering me, but you're known for being nosy."

The smile that was forming on my face was quickly replaced with a numb expression. I got carried away, of course. Thank you lots, Brendon with your High Hopes.

"But mum I've already organized this the guys have known since the beginning of the week, can't you bring him over tomorrow? Or have dinner at his place?" I tried my best to save my failing plan. As much as I hated it and would avoid it at all costs if I could, it was my only chance at freedom- well, not really freedom but if this worked, I could have my friends back. For real, without this charade they've all got going on. In addition to that, I could possibly get some answers from Aiden or get him to tell me why he acted the way he did last time I saw him.