43 - Sweet mother of cupcakes

Evelyn's POV

"Goodnight Jay" I placed a kiss on his forehead and he mumbled a goodnight, hugging his Patrick stuffie close. It was way past his bedtime cause we had stayed up playing monopoly for way too long, so now he was beat.

I on the other hand I felt like I had drunk a serious amount of energy drinks and I was nowhere near tired. I checked the time, it was almost midnight and Cole should be here any moment.

I walked to my room, shuffling through my closet like crazy. I didn't even know what we were gonna do, so I was a bit anxious regarding the dress code. I could just ask what the plan was, but I was scared I would look like I was overanalyzing things in my head.

To be fair, you kinda are.

Stop it.

I finally settled for something and whipped out my phone to text Cole, when I heard frantic knocking from downstairs. Maybe he forgot his keys? If he wakes up Jason I will knock his head down.

I reached the front door, and opened it. "Aiden?" He looked horrible, a bottle in his hand and anger written on his face. "What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, but he completely ignored me. Instead, he walked in and started looking around the room for something.

"Where is he?" he asked, heading for my room. "Where's who? Aiden what's going on?" I asked running after him. "Don't play with me, Evelyn, I know he's here, now where the fuck have you hide him?" he demanded to know, opening my closet and going through it like crazy.

He then looked under the bed, his behavior almost frantic. "No one's here Aiden stop this" I pleaded, his demeanor starting to scare me. "Well, doesn't matter that he's not here now, I know he'll come and I'll be here when he does" he stated and I wanted to pull my hair out hair by hair.

"No, Aiden. You have to go, Jason's sleeping, I won't have him woken by your shenanigans ." I said, firmly. "Go? So that you can be alone with him?" He stepped closer and I tried to keep my composure.

"You can't control my life, if I want to spend time with him I will and there's nothing you can do about it" I tried to come off strong, but my voice was starting to quiver.

He took a leap across the room, pushing me against the wall. ''Tell me you're not dumb enough to think I'm going to let you go out with that scum'' he basically growled, his hands trapping me between him and the wall.

''Y-You can't t-tell me who to date. You left me  for t-three whole years'' I said, my voice trembling from how close we were. He chuckled and looked from eyes to my lips, smirking.

''But now I'm back, baby''

I pushed him away when I realised where things were going. "No, you can't do this to me again. How dare you mess up my life like this and then act like you have the right to hold any power over me" I whisper-yelled, reminding myself that as much as I'd love to yell his ears off, my brother was sleeping at the end of the hall.

Before he had the chance to reply, my phone rang. "Can I get that, or do you want to answer it for me?" I said and he glared at me.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone, forgetting to look who was calling. "Hey, it's me" I heard Cole's voice. "Hey. Are you on the way?" I asked, hoping the answer was yes so that I had a reason to kick the dumbass out. "Yeah, about that... I don't think I'll make it" he said and my blood froze.

"What, why?" I asked, getting angrier by the minute at the both of them "Something came up, I'm sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you" he said and I rolled my eyes. "I've heard enough promises from you Cole" I said and hang up on him.