XXII

Hinc illae lacrimae

(Hence those tears)

~~~

Spending time with Jisoo is surely something people are missing out on. They way she chokes on laughing because of her own jokes, or the brightness in her eyes whenever she sees christmas decorations, allows Jungkook to feel some kind of warmth that could always bring peace over a whole nation.

She seems carefree, optimistic and confident, that's exactly what makes her such a lovely company. Jungkook isn't sure why she's wasting her time with him, because he barely manages to uphold a conversation on his own - If it wasn't for her bubbly personality, their time would've only consisted of awkward silence and embarrassing stuttering. Luckily, Jisoo won't let it happen.

After their breakfast, she convinced him to do some shopping for christmas presents, to which he saw no other option but to agree - 'no isn't an option', she would say with a proud grin.

But he has to admit, it's nothing to regret in the end. Snow kept falling in a pleasant manner, causing a few snowballs to be thrown or become the highlight of beautiful pictures, all while christmas lights made an astonishing scenery which let's people hearts beat a little faster.

Eventually, when they part by the entrance to his apartment complex, she keeps on cheering about the wonderful day she had with her newfound best friend. "It's hard to find genuine people." she says as her eyes reflect the night sky. "Thank you for today, Jungkook. I'm glad I spent my time with you."

Maybe it's the words, maybe it's the way she says them with such authenticity, that creates this feeling of serenity inside Jungkooks chest. It feels good and healing and he's somewhat happy for the first time in almost two months. So he smiles, all bright and shiny, as he responds "Thank you too."- It's nothing fancy, but it gets the point across.

She opens her purse and searches for a pen in the poor lightening, needing to fumble around before finally finding the item. "Call me if you're down for another break of your daily stress." She states while grabbing unceremoniously his arms and scribbling the numbers down. "I can almost guarantee that I have absolutely nothing to do."

Jungkooks smile never disappears. On the contrary actually, because she then adds "God, I sound like a loser. I'm so sorry. You know what I mean.", which earns a her little chuckle.

They part ways with one last "Good night" and "I heard apple juice creates some intense and crazy dreams, you should try it." from her part, before Jungkook finally sees her waving from a good distance, stepping then into a bus right after.

The grin she left on him, is still very prominent on his face, even when he grabs the keys from his pocket and opens the front door into a dark apartment. It's not like he has forgotten about what awaits him, or what's been happening in his life, but right now - in this very moment - he feels calm and collected and there wouldn't be a better timing for a composed conversation than now.

Although, Jungkook still hopes for them to have fallen asleep, and judging by the absence of yelling or attacking, it could be possible. So he quietly puts his shoes aside and gets rid of his jacket that has been covered ever since that snowball fight, before taking careful steps down the hallway.

And just as he's by the door to the bathroom, he immediately freezes as the words "Where were you?" come from the livingroom, specifically from the couch which is slightly illuminated by the lights from the huge window beside it.

Jungkook sighs and relaxes his posture. He knew it, Jin wouldn't have made such a big deal of going out, only to be completely cool with the fact of coming home late. That's why Jungkook prepares himself mentally for everything, before deciding to turn around and face the owner of the voice.