VI

Astra Inclinant, Sed Non Obligant.

(the stars incline us but they do not bind u)

~~~

Taehyung is worriedly walking along the leading path inside a park nearby, a small bag is loosely hanging from his hand while his mind wanders to multiple places.

He asks himself if Jin is okay, if he drinks enough water and if he's bored because that scumbag of a best friend is probably not giving him any attention.

The surroundings are decorated in glistening snow, Taehyung hears it crunching slightly with every step he takes. Trees have bared themselves for winter and seem to have adjusted by becoming a darker shade, which is a beautiful contrast.

Subconsciously, Taehyung touches his lips lightly with his fingertips, remembering the kiss he shared with Jungkook in the morning. It's not necessarily something out of ordinary, Jungkook always asks for them when he gets the chance to.

What has developed over the time though, is the eagerness and hunger in the passion of their kisses.

And Taehyung knows it's not something friends usually do, people don't go around kissing each other like that with platonic intentions. No, they really don't.

With that thought, Taehyung smiles to himself as his abdomen begins to tingle violently, letting him know that he's enjoying Jungkooks attention maybe a bit too much.

But that really doesn't have to mean that Taehyung wants it to happen - well, okay. He does. - So let him rephrase that. It cannot happen, not with this background, not with those circumstances.

Jungkook was deprived of love and affection. Many years before he met Taehyung, the Male was lonely and slowly starving from the emptiness in his chest. That is until Taehyung found Jungkook and tugged him in, showed him love without asking anything in return and become his friend - Jungkook has fallen under the effect of admiring his savior.

He's not really in love with Taehyung, he's just immensely grateful for what he has done and subconsciously confuses it with romantic love. Maybe Jungkook even has the need to repay him for everything, the constant craving for kisses could mean, that he wants to let Taehyung feel loved.

Taehyung refuses to awknowledg his feelings for Jungkook, because it could be, that the younger Male would feel obliged to return those, which would completely devastate Taehyung if that is the case.

The tingles in his stomach and the fluttering of his heart stop, it all gets replaced with a sudden emptiness that automatically transforms into pain. No, Jungkook doesn't want him like that, perhaps sexual frustration is also making an appearance, but Taehyung is looking forward to spend his life with him, not just one night.

"Hey, I bought us hot chocolate!" Jimin shouts happily after exiting the bakery from which Taehyung just came from, holding a bag filled with snacks to eat in their break.

"Now's the right time to thank me." the other adds again, and Taehyung chuckles before accepting the warm cup from his clothed hands.

Jimin steps into his walking rhythm and both begin to devour their bought foods, comfortably walking along the path inside the cold park.

Taehyung smiles, saying finally "thank you.", to which Jimin grins brightly and nudges his shoulder in a playful manner, "of course, Tae." he says, slightly flustered because of Taehyungs sudden warm voice, "All for the love of my life."

"You're really sweet." Taehyung replies in between laugher, noticing how the snow begins to fall again which decorates them in small balls of crystals; "I love you too. Even when you're freaking me out sometimes."