XXIII

Semper ardens

(Always burning)

~~~

~~~

It's around noon when Jin finally wakes up due to the coldness of the sheets. Normally, there would a body to warm him, but after patting blindly around, Jin pouts without finding one. Taehyung must have woken up some time ago.

That's why, with a heavy sigh, he gets up and wraps the blanket around his body, yielding himself from the coolness in the room. Not even a month ago, Jin could withstand the heaviest winter, but ever since adapting to humans, he barely manages to drink something from the fridge.

"Tae?" he asks into the hallway once he opens the door to meet silence, confused why he doesn't hear any cooking noises or music from Jungkooks room. "Tae?" he calls again with big eyes and a confused expression.

On his way towards the livingroom, he makes a quick stop by the bathroom to brush his teeth and cleanse his face, just like he learned from Jungkook. That one reminding of him was enough for Jin to never forget it again.

Right after it, Jin walks out and continues only hearing the sound of his bare feet walking on the floor, no indication for another presence in the apartment. It becomes irritating, especially after he finds the livingroom and kitchen empty, as well as Jungkooks room.

"Tae? Kookie?" he shouts louder while running back into the kitchen, now getting fearful since no one informed him about their absence. He didn't know it would be scary to wake up alone, and he doesn't like the feeling one bit.

But just before he can panic completely, he finds the note on the fridge, which says Taehyung will be gone for classes, together with Jungkooks handwriting that informs he'll be back in the afternoon.

Jin finds himself rereading it over and over again while having a little bit of relief washing over him. They didn't exactly leave him completely, but he still doesn't like the fact they aren't there. Specifically Jungkook, who's probably meeting this girl again.

With that thought, Jin huffs angrily and walks away, finding revenge in storming into Jungkooks room and stealing one of his hoodies to wear for this day. If he doesn't like it, he should be there to protect it.

Not to lie, it becomes increasingly lonely very quickly. There's no one to talk to - It's just him in the middle of quietness, almost dying out of boredom.

He could turn the television on, but there's nothing fascinating about other people being caught up in drama. And Namjoon told him not to go out under any circumstances, since it wouldn't only risk his own life, but also harm his mates too.

Eventually, Jin finds prepared breakfast for two people in the fridge, along with a note that says 'eat up!', to which he smiles gratefully and heats it in the microwave. Taehyung is really sweet.