XXV

Odi et amo

(I hate and I love)

~~~

Right by the gate to the college entrance, Jungkook feels a headache creeping up, caused by all the gazes that follow him. He hasn't gone to classes for some time now, but the second he shows himself, people forget to mind their own business.

"Oi, Jungkook." Jisoo calls after spotting him, instantly running towards the Male, giving into the desire to ruffle his hair. "What's with the frown? Seen yourself in the mirror again?"

He doesn't show it, but Jungkook is kind of relieved to have her by his side, even when she's being rude again. Together they still attract more attention, but as long as he gets through the day with Jisoo, it won't be too bad.

"I just hate being here." Jungkook says and walks along with her towards the building, ignoring all the questioning expressions he has to cross. "What are they looking at?"

Jisoo snorts. "They just haven't seen such a handsome face in a while. People have missed you - believe it or not."

"I don't even want to know how my desk looks like." Jungkook adds with a scowl, but she's quick to hit his arm, getting an offended 'Ow!' in return.

"No, stop that right there. I won't allow you to sulk all the day. You promised you'd stay by my side and entertain me."

"I never promised such thing." Jungkook states, but feels his troubled features slowly softening. "You just didn't want to do Jungs project on your own, since I'm the only friend you have."

"False," Jisoo interjects, "you're the only good friend I have - the only one I let stay at my house and eat all snacks."

"You didn't give much choice by just deciding to be partners." Jungkook states and enters the cafeteria with her.

"Oh please, as if you have anyone who'd work with you voluntarily, loser."

They stay in line for their coffees, needing some caffeine to get through today's classes. Professor Jung won't be too bad, but the others will be a pain to listen to, another reason why Jisoo needs Jungkook to accompany her.

"I got a whole group of people actually." Jungkook responds with a small smile, feeling a lot more relaxed because of her presence. "And somehow I still prefer you over them."

He quickly orders for the both of them, since Jisoo always drinks the same, and pays for it, earning a whine from her since she wanted to do it this time.

She scoffs after accepting the drink from Jungkook. "Stop being nice to me. It makes me feel bad."

"Because you're always mean?" Jungkook tries with a grin, walking with her to the lesson.

"I'm the nicest person you'll ever meet." Jisoo says and opens the door to the classroom. "Besides The Brat®. Don't ever expect me to cook for you."

Instinctively, Jungkook averts his gaze and smiles, recalling all his dinners with Jin. That is, until he remembers last night, and his grin slowly fades. Funny how his hands still remember the way Jin felt and shivered under every touch.

"I did something." Jungkook blurts out after sitting down next to her in the last row. "Rather- we did something."

Jisoos eyes widen instantly as she turns to him with excitement, squealing when she asks "Don't tell me you did the nasty, Jungkook. But like - do tell me."