XXIV

Non ducor, duco

(I am not led, I lead)

~~~

"No, Jeon. You don't understand." Jisoo says after throwing a pillow at him. "You don't just go and offend someones reason to live right on their first date. She could've at least waited until after the third one."

Jungkook chuckles and throws the pillow right back at her messy hair bun, "I doubt watching anime is your reason to live, I rather think it's to annoy me at least once a day."

A gasp appears, followed by the words "uhm, excuse me, Sir. But for as far as I know, you haven't watched anything besides Dragonball and Pokemon. I'd be very quiet if I was you."

To that, Jungkook shakes his head amused and leans back in her desk chair, admiring the room which represents her perfectly. The walls are painted glittery pink, while anime posters and goth decorations obscenely complement them even more.

"What's your favorite?" Jungkook asks suddenly, absentmindedly playing with a small figure.

Jisoo hums at first after laying her electric guitar aside, then responds with "I'm not sure, it keeps changing because it really depends on my mood."

She lies down on her bed and stares at the ceiling, instinctively clutching onto a Totoro plushie with a thoughtful expression. "But I guess it's 'Golden Time'. I was in a mood to cry and I totally just did that while watching."

"I'm definitely telling your sister." Jungkook responds with a smirk, laughing because of the glare he earns, accompanied by the threat "Don't you dare. One word and I'll fuck you up."

"You're not as scary as you think with all those stuffed animals around you." he states, chuckling after she tries to intensify the glare, before giving up with a long and drawned out sigh.

"You're a horrible human." She replies and sits back up, "I can't believe I invited you into my home just to be insulted like that. My mother always warned me about guys like you, but I just didn't listen."

Jungkook grins and abandons the figure in order to focus on the guitar. He has never played an instrument - never had the opportunity to do - but the way she just played an anime opening intrigued him.

"Do you want to try it?" Jisoo offers after following his gaze. "I could teach you some basic accords or even easy songs."

Because of that, Jungkook feels his heartbeat increasing, but quickly shakes his head and averts his gaze. "I'd probably just break it."

An exaggerated groan leaves her as she gets up and places the instrument into his hands, saying "oh, don't be such a baby. C'mon, try it just once. It's fun."

With a smile, Jungkook gently holds the guitar and admires the stickers on it. It looks old, but good enough to know that she took care of it for many years. "You're going to regret this, I warned you."