V

Solis Occasum

(the setting of the sun)

~~~

Suppression is something Jungkook has mastered, having gotten a few occasions that gave him the opportunity to develop such skills. For example - the death of his parents.

Jungkook grieved, he has suffered and isolated himself emotionally from everyone except for his brother, who was there for him, being the only comfort Jungkook had left at that time.

It was one of the worst moments in his life when people couldn't find anyone to take him and his brother in, so the orphanage was the only option.

The bullying wasn't even that bad, nothing compared to the cold hearted workers that would threat to hurt him if he didn't behave like they wanted him to. Lovely how the children there, were already so broken inside, yet they experienced another trauma because of some authority assholes.

But it was okay, no - not really okay - it was bearable, because Jungkook wasn't alone. His brother, Jung-hyun, would be there for him to bandage his wounds, tell him what an idiot he was for being so rebellious, embrace him and apologize for their miserable life - that was what kept Jungkook alive.

He didn't care if he got harmed, Jungkook just wanted to survive each day and protect his brother - that was all that mattered. Jungkook lived from Jung-Hyuns encouragement, his positive nature, hear from him that everything is going to be okay.

Everyday they would remind each other not to lose themselves, to be strong and happy, and if they would not have the strength to force themselves to anticipate freedom, the brothers would be there to lend a shoulder to cry on.

Then, as hilarious as destiny is normally, his brother got adopted by a rich family from which the mother was not able to bear a child. They specifically only wanted one child and fell in love with Jung-Hyuns amazing talents and the life that shined in his whole being, especially in the way he smiled.

It was funny though, Jungkook thought, how fast that smile fell once they announced that they wanted to take his brother into their family without Jungkook, throwing the younger judgmental gazes.

Jungkook felt warmth spread in his chest after seeing his brother begging for them to let Jungkook come with him - that they had enough money and couldn't separate the brothers - that they needed each other.

But the pair only raised their chins in a demanding manner for him to stop, they wouldn't listen his pleas and didn't accept such loathsome behavior, to which Jungkook only laughed at. After some time, they managed to take Jung-Hyun even against his will, and the boys cried the night before in each others arms, telling that everything would be okay.

On the next day, Jungkook watched tight-lipped how the woman yanked his brother out of his embrace before dusting imaginary dirt off his clothes, saying that they are, from then on, not brothers anymore. Jung-Hyun protested, even cursed, but he couldn't do anything in his position.

The new family walked away further and further into the distance as Jungkooks eyes welled up with tears. Jung-Hyun turned around several times, once with a smile, once with falling tears, and finally - with an expression that let Jungkook understand, that nothing is ever going to be okay.

Jungkook stood up from his kneeling position by the gate when they finally disappeared into the horizon, allowing him to take a shaky breath before turning around and facing the building of the orphanage.

Dark clouds had been enveloping the sky as crows circled the roof, some of them sitting down and making eye contact with him.

From the perspective of Jungkooks slightly smaller body, the building seemed giant and darkened, horrifying in every way.