XXIX

Nihil est nisi ultio

(There is nothing but revenge)

~~~

Taehyung tightens his hold on Jungkook, letting him cry against his shoulder while saying to Jisoo "Can you wait outside? Give us a moment."

Albeit reluctantly, the girl nods and bites her bottom lip, walking out of the room and closing the door behind her, looking dejected.

"Hey, Kook." Taehyung whispers gently and cups Jungkooks cheeks, lifting his head to make eye contact. "Hey, look at me. You need to breath, okay? Count with me, c'mon."

Jungkook shakes his head, but Taehyung remains persistent. As he wipes the others tears with his thumbs, they count together to ten, slowly reducing Jungkooks sobs to quiet sniffles.

Taehyung smiles and kisses his forehead. "You're going to be okay. You're here with me, and whatever happened, we'll figure it out and bring Jin back, alright? He belongs to us."

"Tae, why-" Jungkook chokes out broken, "why is everyone leaving me? My parents, my brother, and - and you. Now they took Jin too. Why is it always happening to me?"

Taehyung frowns and adjusts their embrace, rubbing Jungkooks back soothingly. "I don't know, Kook. I wish you didn't have to go through all that. But I swear to you, you never lost me. We have to talk about so much, but I would've never left you.

And believe me, you're not going to lose Jin either. Neither will I. We will find him and bring him home to us."

Jungkook sniffles. "You promise me that? Everything you just said?"

"Of course." Taehyung reassures, "You mean so much to me, baby. But you gotta tell me what exactly happened, so I can understand, okay?"

At that, Jungkook nods and tries to take deep breaths, hesitant on leaning back from hugging Taehyung, only then realizing that he's naked.

Taehyung smiles and lays a part of the blanket over their laps, before gliding his hands to rest on Jungkooks bare hips and urging him to continue.

"Promise me you won't get mad?"

"Why would I get mad?" Taehyung questions as he stares at Jungkooks quilty eyes.

"Just -" Jungkook begs and narrows his eyes, placing his hands on Taehyungs shoulders, "Promise."

"Okay, I promise."

After taking a deep breath, Jungkook closes his eyes for a brief second, before opening them again to look at Taehyung uncertainly. "Jin came into my room last night and we -" he cuts himself off, not being able to finish that sentence.

Taehyung furrows his eyebrows before he realizes the implication, jaw clenching suddenly. "He really slept with me, then went to you? What a fucking-"

"You promised not to get mad!" Jungkook interrupts rushily, not wanting the only source of comfort to be upset with him.

"You slept with my boyfriend!"

"You've been a horrible boyfriend!"

"That doesn't-" Taehyung takes a deep breath to compose himself, lowering his voice "That doesn't justify anything. But we have other matters to focus on - first we find Jin, and then I will beat you up. What happend after that?"