IV

Per aspera ad astra
(through difficulties to the stars)

~~~

Taehyung quietly leaves the room and closes the door after himself, smiling once again as he sees Jungkook lying asleep on his bed, cheeks rosy and eyes swollen from crying so much.

Then he slowly walks down the hallway, only to stop in his tracks before reaching the livingroom, caused by Namjoons voice with increased volume saying "tell me this is a joke, Jin.", he is begging more than he is maddened, "you can't be serious on that! This can't happen!"

Jin doesn't respond to that, and Taehyung peeks from the edge of the wall to see how Jin is shrugging his shoulders with an innocent expression, indicating that there's no return from this situation.

"But what's with your home planet?" Namjoon questions and takes a seat on a stool, laying his head in his hands out of frustration, "what's with that, huh? Didn't you want to return?"

At that, Jins eyes turn stern, he hops on the counter and let's his legs hang while watching Namjoons reaction. A soft suggestion from him follows and Taehyung fails to understand.

But Namjoon clearly does, because he gasps loudly and locks eye contact with the other, shouting "You can't take them with you, the fuck?", and Jin snarls as a warning to be quieter because of Jungkook, to which Namjoon relaxes and sighs heavily. "On your planet they completely hate humans, like.. really. Your humans wouldn't survive even the first hour there."

To that, Jin hums thoughtfully and lowers his gaze, before turning abruptly to Taehyungs direction and making eye contact, smiling brightly afterwards. He says a word multiple times as he extends his arms with grabby hands, letting Taehyung know that he wants to be hugged by him.

Namjoon follows Jins gaze and meets Taehyung, who smiles back and walks towards them, easily doing what Jin wants. That causes Namjoons to soften, especially when seeing how Jin happily nuzzles Taehyungs neck and pulls him closer while still sitting on the counter.

"What were you talking about?" Taehyung asks curiously as Jin wraps his legs around him, burying his face further into his shoulder and contentedly intaking the scent of wild berries that Taehyung, without even knowing, so generously radiates.

Namjoon shakes his head dismissively and sips on his beer that has warmed up and lost some of the taste, "Another problem, but I'll discuss this when Jungkook calms down,".

At the mention of the Male, Namjoon sighs - he really didn't mean for this to happen that way "How is he now? Will he be okay?"

Taehyung gently strokes Jins hair and holds onto him securely, before turning around and heading to the couch, plopping down for a more comfortable position with Jin in his lap.

As Namjoon gets the hint, he follows and listens to Taehyung reply "Yeah, he's asleep.", his chest feels heavy again, and Jin quickly notices the change in his scent before strengthening his hold on him out of instinct.

Taehyung smiles at that and adds lovingly "he will be okay,", his fingertips glide up and down Jins back, "Jungkook's strong after all. He had some bad experiences."

"How come you're not scared?" Namjoon asks from his position on the opposite of him, still having his drink in his hand, which he forces down his throat with small sips.