III

Brutum Fulmen
(harmless thunderbolt)

~~~

Jin has his body in defense, his tail is standing straight while showing his canines in a threat for Namjoon to understand that he, if he comes even a tiny bit closer, will get directly attacked.

Taehyung and Jungkook watch the scenario in bewilderment and caution, not fully knowing how to react or what to do with the sudden aggressive animal, which was harmlessly purring a few minutes ago.

"Jin, what are you doing?" Taehyung asks as he stands up and walks towards him "It's just Namjoon, he's our friend, what-" Taehyung is about to touch Jin, who hasn't averted his piercing glare towards the new Male, when Namjoon rushily shouts "Don't!"

He sounds so panicked that the other instantly complies. "He's dangerous." Namjoon explains in a lowered tone "If he's like that, he's unpredictable. Stay aside, Taehyung."

Taehyung looks at him puzzled, his eyebrows are furrowed without really believing it. Jin wouldn't hurt him, not that little cute cat that was cuddling with him all night. He is probably just scared of the stranger, Jin was also frightened yesterday shortly before accepting the meat from him.

"It's okay." Taehyung states with softening features, approaching the animal again, "he won't do anything to me. I know it."

Even Jungkook looks unsure about that, though he has a feeling that Taehyung is right. Still, his rational mind is telling him to step in and get Taehyung out of the possible anger.

"Taehyung," Namjoon warns uncertainly with wide eyes, he raises his hand and is about to step closer to push Taehyung aside, when Jin full on growls loudly, something a cat definitely shouldn't be capable of.

That's enough for him to shut up and walk backwards a bit, nervous and scared for Taehyung, who gently crouches down behind Jin and hesitantly places his hand on the fur, letting all breaths hitch as Jin immediately turns to him.

Namjoon is calculating quickly, searching for weapons nearby as to stop Jin from harming Taehyung when he is about to attack or shift into his true form.

His hands find a lamp blindly on his side, and Namjoon clutches tightly onto it, awaiting Jin to try to bite Taehyungs hand off.

But that's never coming. Instead, the animal calms his tense posture with the touch and walks closer to Taehyung, as if he is shielding him from Namjoon.

"What-" the older Male asks out loud with confusion and disbelief "What the fuck?"

The lamp in his hold lowers as he watches with wide eyes how Jin allows Taehyung to freely touch him, something that has never happened before in the laboratory.

The silence in the room, after those words, is thick. Namjoon keeps on standing at the doorstep with a shocked expression, while Taehyung attempts to calm Jin with gentle pats and reassuring words.

But Jin doesn't show any sign of relaxing any time soon, he's still staring at Namjoon, ready to defend if the intruder does anything to the humans.

After several minutes, the surprise slowly fades and Namjoon finally allows himself to take a few calming breaths before deciding that something has to be done or else they will remain in this position forever. He is thinking, that if Jin only sees Namjoon as a threat in this house, he must also react this way not only to Taehyung, but also to Jungkook.