XIV

Carpe Diem

~~~

"Daddy, please!" a boy calls, his voice whiny, sounding so young. And something stirs inside Jins abdomen when hearing it. It is had to explain why, but he loves that lively and loveable nature of the small creature.

Right after that, he hears Jungkook sighing. "do you really want to wake your appa up? Just because you can't wait?"

"He's going to wake up anyway, why does it matter if it's earlier than usual." the boy replies, it's clear that he is pouting just at the sound of his voice. "The breakfast is getting cold when we wait for too long."

Jin tries hard not to open his eyes while he can feel the gentle feeling of bedsheets over his body and the texture of his silky pyjamas rubbing almost tenderly against his skin. The sunlight is warming the entire room perfectly, and Jungkooks scent, accompanied by one that's unfamiliar, yet much too familiar, is just as pleasant.

It#s obvious that this is a dream, but Jin just wants to pretend to be ironically asleep a little bit longer, just enough to see what happens.

"You fools." Taehyung states suddenly after coming into the room too, holding something sweet scented. "Can't you see that he's already up? You're clearly being too loud again."

At that, Jin finally allows himself to open his eyes, meeting the mesmerizing sight of his mates standing by the doorframe, looking at him with fond gazes as they stare back, equally awestruck. "Of course I knew" Jungkook chuckles and shakes his head while walking towards the bed. "But Yeonjun here needs some practice in becoming patient."

"Hey!" interferes the mentioned boy, pouting more as he calmly walks into the direction of the bed too, before crawling on it and right into Jins awaiting embrace. "I'm always patient. I just know appa doesn't like cold food."

Jin looks down at him, now being by his side, to which his eyes shine and heart feels fuzzy at the love that immediately envelops his chest. "Ah, my good boy." Jin says finally, distinctively, like his body and mind are seperate. "You know me so well. Now hand me the food, peasants. I'm starving."

"You're always being dramatic." Taehyung says as he holds onto the muffins they made in the morning, a celebration for Jins birthday.

At that statement, Jin sends him a knowing smirk and allows Yeonjun to happily place the plate over his lap, while he props himself up to lean his back against the headboard.

Jin digs right into the messy omelet, which is decorated with a smiley that is probably created with ketchup. "This looks incredible!" he says with the biggest smile, looking with glimmering eyes at his adorable son, who is squealing in happiness, "thank you so much. You did such a good job."

Meanwhile, Taehyung eventually decides to go over to the bed too, grabbing Jungkooks hand as he takes the seat right next to him. "And what about us? We did our best too!"