Chapter 81

Tord surveyed Tom as he pushed on through the trials through the screens and monitored the data he was receiving. Tom was doing well for someone with no previous training, Tord guessed it was from all the fights with Mr. Seas. Tord initiated the next trial and explained how it functioned. He looked through his data once more starting to compare to other soldiers to see where Tom's skills lie.

After wrapping up with the trials Tord descended down the stairs to see how his boyfriend was holding up. Tom was sweaty and a little tired, but stood like he could take the trials on all over again.

Tord poked Tom's side. Tom starting to giggle.

"Hey stop it! That tickles."

Tord merely hummed in response and squished Tom's cheeks between his palms.

Tord stepped back and nodded.

"Alright, cmon, we have business to attend to."

Tord walked out of the simulation building with Tom in tow. They trekked back the quarters area. They stepped back into Tord's quarters.

"Alright, you stay here, I've got to go check on my father."

"What? I'm coming with you."

"No it's not a good idea to be near Red leader when he's like this."

"Well it's not a good idea for you to be near him, he seriously has it out for you."

Tord sighed in aggravation and pinched above the bridge of his nose.

"Fine, but you're putting on a shirt."

The constant beeping wasn't calming to Tord anymore it simply reminded him of the pain of the army. Red leader let out a horrid cough.

"I bet you're having the time of your life on my throne, aren't you."

A jump away from unconscious, and Red Leader still spat out venom at Tord.

"No sir, I don't want to be in charge as much as you want me to."

"Don't feed me that bullshit!"

"Yes sir."

Tord decided it was in his best interest to quiet down and obey his leader.

"Once I'm out of here they will find your dead mangled body in the rubbish bin where you belong."

"Yes sir."

Tom stood from his seat in the corner and warily eyed Red Leader.

Red Leader glared at Tom.

"Who the hell are you? You're not one of my soldiers. Larrison what is this?"

"Father, this is-"

"I'm Tom Edgegood, sir."

Tom gave a salute, much to Tord's surprise.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Red Leader, sir."

"A soldier speaking out of turn. You have balls, but you lack discipline. Tord this boy needs a good beating."

Tord's eyes widened for a moment before going back to normal.

"I'll do that in my own time."

"No you won't you piece of shit. Send the boy over here and I'll discipline him myself."

Tord wasn't about to argue but Tom stepped forward. Tord looked in horror at his boyfriend before his eyes turned cold again.

"Soldier Edgegood take one more damn step and you'll be glad to see tomorrow."

Tom's eyes wore a look of mild fear and intense sadness. He looked past Tord at the Red Leader, and waited for orders.

"Ignore that command, boy. Get your ass over here."

Tom walked toward Tord's father, mumbling a soft sorry to his boyfriend along the way.