Chapter 43

Tord scanned his eyes through the crowd as the choir sang through their songs. Every few seconds he would refocus on Mr. Talonson, who was dressed in a purple tie over a black suit. 

Then his eyes were right back to looking for the love of his life. Well not really, but he couldn't deny the fluttery feeling he had when he simply thought of Tom. 

The choir finished to roaring applause.

The girls walked off stage after a bow. As the boys went up on the stage to sing. Tord sat down on the semi comfy chairs of the auditorium. He pulled the sweater back on over his dress. It was cold in the auditorium after all. Tord's eyes continued to flit here and there to find Tom. 

The boys started another song, themed about Christmas. Tord laid back in his seat knowing the show would end soon and he could find his "Prince Charming" as Mina labeled Tom the day before with a smug grin. 

The concert concluded with Mr. Talonson joking, "And take your kids home, I don't want them."

Tord stepped from his seat and stood amidst the chaos of people passing by and greeting each other. He took a few steps out and got on his tiptoes to see if he could find the pineapple boy. 

"Tom!"

A figure seemed to squeeze through the traffic. Tom stood there, a small amount of sweat clinging to his forehead and a bouquet of Azaleas in his hands. Tord pulled him into a hug. 

"I was worried you were a no show!"

"And miss you singing like an angel?"

Tord blushed at this.  

"Thank you, Tom."

"Oh! I got you these."

Tom held the bouquet out to Tord. Tord took the bouquet gently and brought it to his face to smell it. 

"I really can't thank you enough Tom.... Actually I can do more. Cmon!"

Tord held out his open hand for Tom to take. Tom quickly took the boy's hand and the two made their way out of the school. They stopped at a quiet corner street.

"So Tom, you've probably noticed, but I'm wearing your sweater tonight. Now this poses a question, do you want it back, or can I buy you another sweater?"

Tom was silent. Tord fidgeted with his bouquet and reopened his mouth, "Cause, y'know I uh, really like it. I don't really want to part with it. I know that's stupid, cause it's your sweater, but that's what makes it so amazing. You know what I mean?"

Tord looked at the floor hoping Tom understood he just gushed out his feelings in the worst confession of all time, no one would ever write a book with THAT in it. It was embarrassing, Tom wasn't helping by being silent. Tom probably would laugh, and make fun of him in front of everyone no doubt after that mess of words. Tord's mind began to map all the horrible things that could occur from those words. His grip on the flowers tightened, his breathing quickened as his mind sculpted more and more dark futures. He was pulled into a hug almost immediately. His heart still raced in his chest, but his breathing steadied. He leaned his face into Tom's chest to sob. Tom ran a hand through his hair softly, holding him close to prevent a meltdown from occurring. Tom opened his mouth and told Tord something he would never forget as long as he lived.