Chapter 119

Tord settled into his boyfriend's arms and searched around the room for any changes, finding none he turned his attention to Tom and locked eyes with the boy.

"Your old sweater doesn't smell like you anymore."

"What?"

Tord reached underneath himself to grab the worn blue sweater entrusted to him months ago.

He handed in to Tom.

"Wear it so it smells like you again."

Tom's face showed confusion but he shrugged and started to unbutton his dress shirt.

"Gah! Not in front of me!"

Tord weaseled his way out of Tom's arms and stood facing away from Tom. It made his face burn when Tom did things like that, and Tord didn't really appreciate the burning feeling added to his already warm body heat. Tom always seemed much colder temperature wise, and Tord loved it. It was like having a cool pillow is a sweltering bed, absolutely heavenly. Tom let out a noise to show Tord could return to his arms. Tord lay down on his bed amidst the usual clutter at the door of his bed.

"So, what do you want to do?"

"Well.... First, I want you to get over here."

Tom grumbled and held his arm open for Tord to return to his arms.

Tom seemed to let out a breath of relief when Tord returned.

"So now what?"

"I don't know; you want to just talk about what's on your mind?"

"Sure. I'm kind of stressing over the auditions. They start tomorrow."

"I'm sure you'll do amazing."

"Thanks, but I'm not sure. My mind is just buzzing with anxiety. And when I get really anxious the night before something big, I get a ton of energy and stay up all night, consequentially screwing up my sleep schedule."

Tom wrapped Tord up in a hug, nuzzling into his hair.

"Well, we can't have that. How about we sleep now, you wear a freshly smelled up sweater tomorrow and," Tom paused to let out a soft hum before continuing, "I'll take you out for a sugary treat of your choice. We can binge watch an old series?"

Tord nestled into the crook of Tom's neck and nodded. They stayed in this embrace until they drifted off to sleep.

Tord woke up to only blackness and an overwhelming heat. Tord really regretted wearing long sleeves to bed. He had learned early on at the base that it overheated him way too quick. Tord gasped for the cold air and threw blankets off of himself. Tom stirred at this.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"Too... hot."

Tord panted out. Tom sat up and helped Tord slip the layers of clothing over his head.

"Better?"

"Yes, but I feel indecent."

Tord held up his overly warm arms to hide his bare chest. Tom nodded and slipped off his sweater. Tord didn't really care if his boyfriend wasn't wearing a shirt underneath it. Tom handed him the blue sweater, which he gladly took and slipped over his head. Tom smiled tiredly at him.

"I'm gonna go back to sleep. Wake me up if you're too warm."

Tord only processed half of that sentence, falling back into slumber.

Tord woke up in a familiar sweater he didn't remember putting on. Tom leaned over and shut off the alarm, pressing a kiss to Tord's forehead.

"Good morning, gorgeous."