Chapter 30

Tom felt Tord rest his head on Tom's shoulder, and he felt his arms start to snake around Tord's waist. It felt almost natural like this, and he felt himself getting tired. Tord's soft breathing was like a lullaby, and his eyelids felt heavy.

"Tord, please get off of me."

"Nope."

Tom gave up, simply pulling the horned male closer and closing his eyes.

Tom woke up to a sleeping boy on his chest and a nonstop buzz to his right. Tom attended to the much more interesting subject of the two. Tord snored lightly through the buzzing, his face calm. Tom didn't want to wake him, but knew he would have to. Tom wiggled his way from underneath Tord, and stood on his feet. Tord curled his fingers, seemingly grabbing for something. Tom ran his hands through his mess of hair and paced anxiously around the room. The night before was slightly fuzzy, he panicked. The buzzing seemed to make things worse.

Tom picked up the phone on the bed stand to see that Tord's phone was flooded with notifications, ranging from his mother to the next door neighbor. They all read the same thing, "Where are you?"

The boy in the bed finally stirred and woke.

Tom handed him the phone. Tord took it with barely open eyes.

"Shit."

The boy jumped off the bed and picked up the duffle bag.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit!"

The boy turned to Tom, gave him a peck on the cheek and ran outside. Tom stood there, a blushing stuttering mess. Though no one was there to see him in this state. Instead he grabbed some clothes and got dressed.

Tom walked out towards the school. He was now used to the rundown stature of the part of Town he lived in. The cracks in the sidewalk were now normal to him, and he enjoyed the abstract look of them. When he finally crossed back to the nice side of town he felt out of place. He used to so casually walk around here, but it now made him feel out of place and stressed. He quickly rushed along the sidewalk.

Soon the school was in view, and this time he went to the back to find the group standing around. He was done avoiding them. Hell had blown over and he was home free. He had a job, a place to stay, and he finally had a friend he completely trusted. When he arrived to the group he picked the closest location to Tord, who currently had very messy hair and tired eyes. He softly smiled at Tord who smiled back.

"Hey guys."