Chapter 45

Tord could barely sleep, he spent most of his night of the couch his head in his mother's lap as he recounted the events of the night.

She was worried about the panic attack he had. She asked if they happened often, he couldn't answer because he simply didn't know. He told her about how he confessed to Tom and how Tom let him keep his sweater. Tord explained how he didn't know what to feel about Tom's semi cryptic answer, did he understand that he was confessing, and not respond to it because he had no similar feelings or was it because he didn't understand at all but could see that Tord wouldn't let go? Whatever it was he'd have to wait to find out. His mother fell asleep amidst his explanation. Tord got off her and paced in his room. The azaleas now sat in a vase by his bed. He sat down on his bed and tried to sleep.

Tord went through his usual morning routine and sat in the car. 

"Darling, when I was dating in school I also tore myself up over this. I can tell you that Tom definitely has feelings for you, but he doesn't understand them. He just needs time, love. He'll come around and before you know it, I'll be there at your wedding."

"Mom, what the heck!"

"Sorry, got ahead of myself. Have a good day at school, love you!"

The car zoomed off and Tord walked over to the hangout spot. He sat next to Edd, who was going on about something Ringo did the night before. She once caught a mouse, Edd was elated and preserved the corpse in a glass box on his wall. That kid was wonky, but he loved his cat. Edd turned to Tord and looked at him as though he was wearing a pigeon as a hat. Tord looked down at his sweater to see it was Tom's old sweater, now his. 

"Why are you wearing Tom's sweater?"

"It's my sweater now." The boys turned to Tom to get his word on the statement from Tord.

"It is his sweater now." 

"Omg!!! I've got to tell Mina!"

Matt looked up from his mirror and pouted, 

"Who's Mina and why are you giving her more attention than me!?"

"Shhh, you beautiful ginger angel."

Edd held out a finger to silence Matt and typed quickly on his phone, he was quiet for a moment then squealed.

"What the heck Edd?"

Tord hissed angrily,

"I slept for like 4 hours, can you keep it down?"

"Oh? Why did you sleep so little?"

Edd turned to Tord and gave a cat-like smile. Catching on to his drift Tord blushed a furious pink. 

"It's not like that Edd!"

Tord hid his face in the blue sleeves if his hoodie. 

"Sure it's not, then why are you so pink?"

Tord looked at Edd straight in the eyes. 

"Please Edd, I don't want to talk about this."

Edd immediately backed off the subject, the boys chatted and laughed until the bell rang, then scattered to their classes. 

Tord waited about three hours after school released to text Tom.

Tord: Hey, you outta work yet?

Tom: Yeah

Tord: you wanna go get a new sweater now?

Tom: sure

Tord: where do you want to buy it from?

Tom: how about the mall? That way we can can get a snack afterwards.

Tord: sounds amazing, head over to my house, my mum can drive us.

Tom: got it, see ya soon. 

Tord smiled and put his wallet in his hoodie pocket along with his phone. He then alerted his mother of the situation. 

"Hey mama? Could you drive me and Tom to the mall?"

"Sure darling!"

Tord sat on the couch and waited.