Chapter 12

Tom was storming out of his house, utterly pissed. That man in there was nothing more than a homophobic drunkard and he had no idea what would happen when he found out that his step son was gay. As he entered out into the fresh air, slamming the door on the yells behind him, he noticed a figure hurriedly walking in a dress down the street. Even better, it was Tord.

"Oh my god," intense laughter ensued. "That's too good."

"Fuck off."

"No dude, you look great. I mean those hips." Tom wolf whistled and continued to follow the horned male down his street. Tord finally stopped, turning around to face Tom.

"Shut up."

Tom just winked at him. "So where you going."

"Home, or away from you."

Tom looked at the sky for a second, he seemed to be thinking for a moment, completely lost in his thoughts.

"You wanna hang out?"

Tord was surprised to hear that. And Tom was too. He didn't know why, but since their time at the gun range Tom wanted to be around Tord more. But it was definitely just as friends. Nothing more. No way in hell.

"Uh, sure?"

"Where do you wanna go?"

"Why don't we just go to your place."

"There is currently a dick-wad there, not really wanting to be around him. But if you really wanna go, sure."

Tom started heading back to the house he just moments ago was trying desperately to get away from. He opened the door for Tord, letting him in. They then both took off their shoes by the door and started to sneak up to Tom's room.

The blue walls made the room much darker, and the drawn blinds didn't help. A small picture frame with a smiling family sat on his dresser, next to a picture of them and their friends. Tord picked up the picture of the family, Tom looked a lot younger. And a lot happier. Tom was almost embarrassed by how messy his room was, but this was Tord. Nothing he shamed meant anything.

"So, why the dress?"

"Choir."

"You sing with the girls, right?"

"Yeah."

Tom looked at his guitar and carefully picked her up. He sat down on his bed criss crossed and began to softly strum. "Wanna sing?"

"Sure."

Tord sat next to Tom. And Tom couldn't help but notice how close they were. But there wasn't any reason to it. Especially not that he liked the warmth that the Commie radiated. Or that the feeling of his skin on Tom's made his heart light and his mind abuz. It was just a minor observation.

He continued to strum, trying to think of a certain song to sing.

"Any songs you wanna do?"

Tord thought for a moment. The lulling of the guitar easing both.

"No idea."

Tom thought for a moment and started to strum the guitar at a smooth pace, whistling to the beat. He then stopped, stifled a laugh, and began to strum again.
"Just listen to this one. It's pretty great."

"You grew on me... like a tumour."

Tord let out a light chuckle, while softly swaying to the beat.

"And you spread through me like malignant melanoma,

And now you're in my heart,

I should've cut you out back at the start."

Tom winked at Tord, who was looking straight at him, trying not to burst out laughing.

"Now I'm afraid there's no cure for me,

No dose of emotional chemotherapy,

Can halt my pathetic decline,

I should've removed you back when you were benign."

Tom continued to go through the song, almost never failing to break eye contact with Tord. They were both laughing by the end, completely amused by the song.

"What was that."

"You Grew On Me, by Tim Minchin."

"He's a god."

"I know."

They went silent for a moment, and Tord opened his mouth to say something. But just then, just the moment Tom scooted closer to Tord, Mr. Seas burst through the door.

"Who said you could have someone over?" He then looked and Tom. "And who told you you could sit next to a guy that close! This is disgusting." He grabbed Tom's hoodie, and dragged him to the edge of the bed away from Tord. Tom almost dropped Susan, but caught her in time and held her close. He tried to find comfort from the guitar. Never had he felt so small, so embarrassed, so alone. Tord would hate him now. Tord had always hated him, why did it matter? Why would he miss Tord so much? His mind was moving quickly, and he was drowning in thought. Just then Tord stood up, and stood in between Tom and Mr. Seas.