Chapter 18

Tom currently had a heavily burned face as he tried to not let Edd's constant teasing bother him. Because Tom definitely didn't sleep with Tord in the sense Edd was saying. And definitely didn't like Tord the way Edd thought he did. They were just friends.

Tom kept thinking of Tord throughout the day, and he almost didn't want to stay at Tord's house again. Because this feeling in his head and in his chest wasn't letting him exist in peace. It was a constant flurry of warm emotions, consuming his being in every moment of the day.

After school Tom didn't go home with Tord. Instead he walked home. And when he got home he found a multitude of broken bottles around the door, each looking like they had been thrown from the couch. He trained his eyes to find Mr. Seas passed out on it. Flashing lights from the TV spread across the room. He quickly snuck up to his room, only to find splintered wood all over the ground. He spent a moment trying to figure out what it was.

His eyes started to tear up as he sat on the ground, finally realizing it was Susan. The remains scattered everywhere, and the neck of the guitar was broken directly in half. Utter rage consumed him. His whole body was shaking, every fiber of his being was completely controlled by anger. He quickly stormed down the stairs, picking up an unbroken bottle in his hand.

"What the fuck is your problem." Tom's voice quivered, tears still pouring down his face. Mr. Seas woke up to that, slowly coming into consciousness.

"What the fuck do you mean?"

"My guitar you piece of shit."

"Don't fucking talk to me like that." Mr. Seas stood up, his height towering over Tom's figure. He quickly moved towards Tom, forcing his back into a wall. Tom held up the bottle defensively. "I don't need a fucking pansy as a son, chasing guys and music. What kind of pathetic loser are you? Leeching off the only person providing for you while you wallow in pity over your mom's death."

The watermelon man grabbed Tom by his hair and picked him up, Tom desperately clawing at the man's arm. He started to swing the bottle, hoping to do some form of damage.

"Fuck you." Tom felt himself slam against the wall, almost blacking out. His teeth were gritted and jaw clenched.

"What did you say, little bitch?"

"I said fuck you!" He felt his back repeatedly slam into the wall, his consciousness slowly draining. With all his remaining strength Tom kicked off the wall, bringing the bottle down on Mr. Seas head. A loud crash sounded through the house, echoing through the halls, as Mr. Seas collapsed to the floor, completely knocked out.

Tom quickly scrambled away, moving as far from the body as possible. Blistering tears fell down his face as he walked to the kitchen. He climbed up on the counter, and moved towards where the alcohol was stored. He pulled out a bottle of vodka, the liquid sloshing against the glass. He quickly dumped it down his throat, a burning sensation filling the back of his throat. His mind felt numb and his body weightless. And the pain of his back had completely disappeared. He continued drinking, almost emptying the whole bottle before falling asleep on the counter.