Chapter 83

Tord sighed at his boyfriend's actions but let him sleep. Tord ruffled Tom's hair and kissed his forehead.

"I'll see you later, you dumbass."

Tord wrote a note explaining where he'd be and stuck it to Tom's forehead then headed to his father's office.

The office was quiet except for the scribbles of Tord's pen and the shuffle of papers. Tord's phone rang loud and clearly on his desk. He scooped it up and answered.

"Hello, Tord Larrison."

"Hi sweetie."

"Mama! How are you without me?"

"I'm good love, the house is so quiet though. Your friends are worried and Tom seems to be absent."

Tord bit his lip at this news.

"Tell them a convincing lie that won't worry them."

"And what about Tom?"

"I don't think I need to worry about him."

Tord smiled smugly.

"Darling I can hear you smiling, what's going on?"

"Nothing you need to worry about mama, everything's fine."

"Sounds like it, you're so much peppier than the last time I called."

"Well I'm still drowning in paperwork and complaints, and it really doesn't help that Red Leader threatens to kill me every morning and night."

"He did WHAT?"

Tord was shaken by his mother's outburst.

"If that bastard thinks he can lay a finger on you I'm going to give him a taste of his own medicine."

"Calm down- ohp I'm needed by a soldier. Bye."

Tord hung up and looked at the person is his office. The soldier was about 19 and held her brown hair in a bun. She held a switchblade in her hand. Tord looked down at his paper and scribbled one last note.

"What can I get you?"

The soldier rushed at him but he elbowed her to the face before she could attack him. She stumbled back and Tord kicked her in the stomach. She crumpled to the floor and Tord planted his boot firmly onto her body.

"Really? At least try harder than that Lucille."

Tord pulled a walkie talkie from his belt loop and spoke into it.

"I've got an attacker in Red leader's office, permission to dispose of a weak soldier?"

There was a crackle and a"granted"

Tord kicked the girl again. She coughed. Tord picked her up by her coat and threw against the wall. Pulling out a handgun, he didn't hesitate to shoot her.

"Cleanup in Red leader's office."

"Will do sir."

Tord returned to his desk. The door to the office opened and a tired Tom stepped in. He turned to look at the corpse and jumped awake.

"Holy hell that's a dead body!"

"Yep."