Chapter 6

When Tord tripped the poor waiter Tom happened to catch him. And the feeling of Adam in his arms may have been the best thing he ever felt. He may have had a pounding heart, and butterflies consuming his stomach, but Tom was definitely very happy. He almost didn't notice Tord leave. And he almost felt mad that Tord had tried to trip this nice man for reasons unknown. But the result was enough to make Tom not care.

"Are you okay?!"

"Yeah, looks like I fell for you."

Adam gave a wink after that, and Tom almost dropped him. Almost. But instead he mumbled "lame." He then helped Adam up, although he did miss the feeling of Adam's warmth.

Edd and Matt were quietly sipping their drinks, though Tom didn't really care. Right now his heart and mind was enthralled by Adam.

"Hey, you wanna hang out sometime?"

Tom was most definitely not expecting that, and he wanted to say yes. Every part of him did. Except his mind. The part of his mind that was scared of his step dad, that was scared of peers, and quite honestly scared of himself.

"Sorry man, busy week. Not a good time."

"How 'bout next week?"

"Sorry, bro. Can't."

Adam dejectedly walk off, and Tom felt his heart sink. He wanted to grab Adam's hand, turn him around, and hug him. But instead he let Adam walk off, and returned to Edd and Matt. They gave him a questioning look, but he just shrugged it off.

After about an hour or so of hanging out Tom headed home. He wasn't really a fan of his house, but he was tired and wanted to be in his room playing Susan. When he entered the small house he saw Mr. Seas on the couch. In his underwear. So Tom tried to sneak in, but that didn't work.

"Where did you go?"

"Out."

"Out where?"

"There." He half heartedly gestured to the door, and then continued to walk to his room. He was almost concerned by the noise of that man getting up, but chose to ignore it. Instead he headed to his room and closed the door, making sure to lock it. He then quickly picked up Susan, and completely turned up the amp. Tom had small tears forming in his eyes, but he wouldn't admit that ever. He quickly strummed, radically and aggressively. Hoping to ease the pain his heart was feeling at this moment. Maybe, just maybe, the noise of Susan could cancel out the pounding in his head. It was effectively covering the sound of Mr. Seas pounding on his door.