Chapter 107

Tord headed home alone while Tom stood behind him. He heard Tom start to follow him but halt and head in the direction of the Starbucks. Once at home Tord tossed his backpack on the couch and flopped down. He unpacked the seemingly endless homework he had to make up as his mother entered the room and kissed his head.

"How was school darling?"

"It was good. Tom isn't used to being back."

Trisha heard the tone in his voice and bit her lip.

"What did he do?"

"He judo flipped a girl who laid a single finger on me."

'Oh god.'Trisha mumbled under her breath, hiding her face in her hand.

"Yeah and now he's got three weeks of detention, so I'll see him even less!"

Trisha sighed.

"Well I'm gonna start dinner, you catch up on the work."

"Can Tom come over for dinner?"

"Does he have permission? You can't invite someone over for a meal, then not invite the parental figures."

"Jeez mama I was just asking."

"I'll make extra anyways."

Tord set to work, about 3 hours in he got a notification.

'Tom is now out of work'

Yes, Tord has set in when Tom was out of work for everyday day he did have a shift on his phone. He surprisingly did this before the two had started dating. Maybe that said something about Tord, but regardless Tom was done working for today. So Tord called him.

"Hey Tom."

"Hi babe, why didn't you just text?"

"I wanted to hear your voice."

Tom awwed from the other end and Tord smiled.

"Any you want to come over for dinner at 7? You can bring Mrs. Laila if she wants to come."

Tom was quiet for a moment.

"I'd have to ask my granny, I'll keep you updated on whether I can."

"Great, I'll see you soon. Love you."

"Love you too."

Tord hung up and redirected his attention to his work. He felt much happier hearing his boyfriend's voice after almost three hours of missing it.