Chapter 85

"Do you understand Larrison?"

Tord's eyes dulled over and he gave a soulless "Yes sir." Tord turned to Anastasia and put his hand out for her to shake. She took it quickly but didn't let go.

"Tord Larrison, lovely to meet you."

"What an honor it is to meet you Tord."

"Anyways when would you like to go on this date?"

"Now."

"I can arrange that. Do you want to stay on base or no?"

Anastasia let our a happy gasp.

"I'd love to go off base!"

Tord looked to Red leader asking silently for permission to leave base. Red leader nodded and made a shooing motion.

"You're dismissed soldiers."

Upon exiting the base Anastasia asked about Tom.

"So who was that sour faced boy with you?"

"That's Tom. He's my bo-bodyguard"

Tord caught himself before he accidentally outed himself.

"Why do you need a bodyguard, can't you defend yourself?"

Anastasia stuck her nose up in slight distaste.

"People try to kill me in my sleep, or in red leader's office, and just about anywhere else. Having backup never hurts."

Anastasia nodded and gripped onto his arm.

"Where would you like to go Anastasia?"

She hummed in thought and laid her cheek on his shoulder. This made Tord incredibly uncomfortable but he brushed it off.

"Take me somewhere special."

Tord immediately thought of the gun range but that was miles away and besides that was his and Tom's spot. Then he thought of the view his mother showed him.

"I know just the place."

Tord looked up at the sky to see it still too industrialized to see the stars in all their glory.

"But it's quite a walk."

"That's fine."

After a half mile Anastasia started to whine about her feet hurting so Tord picked her up and carried her the rest of the way.

The pitch black of night greeting his eyes with stars as far as the eye could see, Tord set Anastasia down and laid down on the grass himself.

As he started to lose himself in the stars, Anastasia rolled onto him and held the sides of Tord's face. Tord pushed her off slightly his face ablaze.

"Why did you do that?"

"I don't even know you that well! You can't just kiss me without even knowing me!"

Anastasia huffed but flopped next to Tord.

"So let's know each other. Tell me about yourself."

"Well I like shooting guns, singing in choir, hand to knife combat, spending time with my friends and mother-"

"The whore of the red army?"

"What?"

"Everyone on base knows she's just a whore who used our poor leader."

Anastasia sat up and continued to trash talk his mother.

Tord slapped Anastasia's cheek.

"Don't you EVER say that about my mother! You can talk shit about anyone, but I will not tolerate you spitting on the good name of my mother."

Tord got to his feet and started to walk in the direction of the base. Anastasia followed begrudgingly behind him.

Upon arriving Tord led Anastasia back to her quarters then headed to simulation room to make sure no one left it on all night.

Entering the room he saw an enraged Tom slash through an enemy, with only two remaining.

"Tom!"

"Tord? What the hell are you going here?"

"I need to shut down the simulation."

Tord dodged a blow from one of the orange enemies and headed up the stairs.

Tord pushed a few buttons and the simulations went fuzzy and blanked out. Tord could see Tom drop his sword and catch his breath. Tord made his way down the stairs and walked up to his boyfriend.

"You alright?"

Tom wiped his mouth on his sleeve.

"Yeah."

"Alright, you want to go back to my quarters and talk about why you're in here?"

Tom nodded and went to pick up his sweater on the ground. He looked absolutely infuriated.

Tord noticed the broken bottle in the corner and sighed. Pulling his walkie talkie from his belt he called someone over to clean it up. Then took Tom's hand and led him through the dark hallways to the soldier quarters building. Once in his room he sat on the bed and sighed tiredly.

"Tom, why were you in there? What's got your blood boiling?"