Chapter 9

After using up all the ammo, Tord started to lovingly pack up the empty mags and guns into cases. Tom stood there silently, merely watching the red devil in his natural habitat. Tord had nearly everything packed up. Tord walked towards Tom, edging closer and closer. He reached his arms to the sides of tom's head. Tom blushed a darker red then he was before, but it was so dark Tord couldn't tell. Tord leaned closer.

And pulled the goggles off of Tom's head, soon followed by the headphones.

Tord finished packing the stuff, put it into a duffle bag, and slung it over his shoulder.

"See ya, Thomas."

Tord started to walk out of the abandoned range.

Tord quietly opened his front door. He flinched at the loud creak of the old door, and stepped tentatively inside.

"EHEM."

The light flicked on to reveal a ticked Norwegian mother sitting on the couch.

"H-hi, mama...."

Trisha scowled at her son.

"Explain. NOW."

"Weeeelll, um I was, you see... I was at that old abandoned shooting range with a friend...."

Trisha was silent for a moment, her hands rested comfortably on her chin.

"Tord. You will tell me the next time you go out. Is that clear Larrison?"

"Yes ma'am." Tord straightened his posture and saluted. Trisha smiled tiredly and stood from the couch.

"At ease, love." Trisha walked over to her bedroom shutting the door behind her. Tord walked to his room and gently put away the duffle bag in his closet (where he hid his gay). He pulled off his sweater and slipped out of his black jeans.

He laid in his bed, yet he couldn't sleep. He kept on thinking back to the shooting range: how good it felt to use his guns, how it felt to be so knowledgeable in the subject compared to Tom, helping Tom get used to the guns, being so close to Tom-

Tord stopped himself for a moment. He and Tom didn't get along well, so then why did it feel so much better than anything else? Even better than the only time his father ever praised him, better than buying the house, better than eating cookies with the guys... why?

Tord turned over to the other side and continued to question his existence through the night. Dawn came with no shuteye from the Norwegian. The six o'clock alarm blared. Tord simply shut it off and crawled out of bed.

He pulled out a clean shirt and pulled it on. He searched in his drawer for a pair of jeans that still fit. Once finding a pair he picked up a pad of sticky notes from his desk and wrote *GO JEAN SHOPPING W/ MOM* and pulled it off the pad.

He walked into the kitchen to see his mother at the table eating a waffle.

"You're up early." She said muffled by the waffle in her mouth.

"Couldn't sleep."

Trisha looked down sadly. She then reached for her purse, her own personal tardis if you will. She pulled out a ziplock of white tablets, opened it, and plucked out a pill. She handed it to Tord. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Caffeine pill, it'll keep you up for the day." She stood from the table and went to the sink. She grabbed a cup from the cupboard and filled it with water. She placed it next to Tord and put some waffles in the toaster. She kissed Tord's forehead as he swallowed the pill.

The waffles popped, Tord scooped up his backpack and grabbed the waffles as he walked out the house with his mother to the car.

The car ride was quiet except for his mother humming occasionally to the music she kept on low.

"Have a good day dear." Trisha said warmly as Tord stepped out of the car,

"Will do mom." Tord shut the door of the car and walked to the hang out spot where he spotted an excited Edd, a preening Matt, and a tired Tom.

"Hey guys." Tord said quietly stifling a yawn.

Edd squealed and smiled even brighter, what was up with him?

It didn't matter. Tord glanced once again at Tom, the bags under his eyes were so dark they almost blended in with his eyes, his hair was an absolute mess, but a cute mess none the less... wait what?

Tord froze for a minute and turned his attention to Matt. Matt was looking in his mirror, as said before, preening like a bird. Tord tilted his head and looked back to Edd who was chattering excitedly to an exhausted yet red Tom. Tord took out a notebook from his backpack and started mindlessly sketching. Until the bell rang.